An Odd Problem

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

Recently I have come across a very strange issue. I haven't had much of a chance to see just how big the problem is or anything, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone else had encountered a similar problem and knew how to correct it. When I started playing any episode of Friends, I found that the audio is off. I still get the laugh track, but I am not able to get the dialogue. There is only one audio track selectable through the app though. At first I thought it might be a problem with the file itself, but I get normal audio if I log in through a browser, or through the Samsung television app. I really would like to get the Windows 8.1 app playing the episodes properly, the app makes for a much, much nicer viewing experience that watching in my Chrome browser.

7illusions

That sure is odd, I haven't heard of that before. :)

When you play the item, is the server transcoding or is the app playing it directly?

TolkienBard

That sure is odd, I haven't heard of that before. :)

When you play the item, is the server transcoding or is the app playing it directly?

According to the dashboard, it is transcoding.

swhitmore

How many audio channels is the file? My guess is that you're listening to it in stereo, but the 6 channels aren't mixing to 2.

Edited by swhitmore

TolkienBard

How many audio channels is the file? My guess is that you're listening to it in stereo, but the 6 channels aren't mixing to 2.

In the info section it is showing audio as AC3 codec and layout (which I am assuming is channels) as 5.0. If the problem is that the files is not properly mixing for stereo, then how do I fix that?

swhitmore

In the info section it is showing audio as AC3 codec and layout (which I am assuming is channels) as 5.0. If the problem is that the files is not properly mixing for stereo, then how do I fix that?

I'm not sure tbh. @@7illusions hopefully might know.