Recommended update procedure

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi, could please let me know what the recommended way to update the app is please, I am clearly doing it wrong. I'm trying to log back in as develop and request a user app sync but both times I tried that I've had to unplug the tv to get anything to work again. Should I delete and reinstall or something else? Cheers

MrFlibbles

I could easily be wrong about this, but I don't think user app sync works for this app as it is installed in develop mode and not published to Samsung's app store. I believe Chess did look at that but it was a long time between pushing the app and it getting published and he need much faster release schedule to help test the app.

The cleanest way to install seems to be remove the app, power cycle the TV and then install the new version. Having said that, the few updates I have done on a "D" model Samsung have been just to install the app over the existing one.

chessdragon136

I think when the OP says "User App Sync" he means the menu option you use on the later models to download the app in develop mode.

As for a procedure, I know some people seem to have difficulties but I have never been able to see any pattern or resolution - My advise is what @@MrFlibbles suggests, uninstall, reboot, install. Sometimes a full power down is required (off at the plug)  - think this flushes the memory, I have no idea why.

Regarding app store, that is too far down the line at the moment