Old MB app vs. new MB app - Streaming issues...

sbrindley

sbrindley

I've been running the older Roku Media Browser app (v1.17.6) for several months now (still in the Roku channel list).  I have the video quality set to 3.2 Mbps which is the default and no issues streaming locally or externally.  Video quality and audio quality are very good (exceptional, really...).

I've just installed the newest Roku Media Browser app (v1.78) for the first time and I'm experiencing awful quality video (fuzzy and poor frame rates) and the audio constantly skips/clips.  I have the video quality set to 3.2 Mbps, again the default but all movies played are extremely poor quality.  So far, I've only tested this app locally and not yet externally.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

sbrindley

I don't believe this is an issue now... As odd as it sounds, I loaded up both apps tonight and played a movie to get you the logs and both apps were playing the movies just fine... Really odd.  I'm attaching the current logs either way.  I'll see if I can grab the logs from when I originally had the issue a couple of days ago just in case it comes up again.

transcode-edc6b6c8-b647-4ca0-a461-800e51d0c604.txt

transcode-0c4c9235-39ae-41fe-aca9-c09463985ade.txt