FireTV Surround Sound / Remote Control

Wolbolar

Wolbolar

Hi there,

I am trying Kodi on the FireTV with xbmb3c 0.9.770. If I launch a movie direct with Kodi I get 5.1 surround sound. When I try to launch the same movie via movie browser the movie is transcoded and I get only stereo sound. Another problem is I want to lauch a movie on the FireTV from the iPad via iOS app or web app, but this doesn't work.

In the Kodi audio settings is it not possible for me to change the audio device, it is android,audiotrack. Passtrough, AC3 and DTS is activated in options.

Are there more options to get surround sound with mediabrowser and remote control?

xnappo

It sounds like you are having network access issues, so it is falling back to playing via transcoding. 

Is the server a Linux or Windows machine?  Do you have network paths set up in the library or references to local drives?

Wolbolar

The media browser server is running on a windows server 2012 r2, the library are set local drives. I will change this and report again if that is changing anything.

im85288

Yes you would be better off using network paths, we are in the process of improving the addon to allow local paths to work on the same machine but in this case it would not help you.

Wolbolar

I have set up network paths for the library and now surround sound works also with the mediabrowser in Kodi :-).

But i have still the problem that I cannot remote control the media browser in kodi from the app or webapp. Do you have any hints how to solve this?