MB Connect

hoxtonia

hoxtonia

Attempting to allow access to my server using MB connect for my parents - they created an account on the forum last week - I have attempted to allow them access as a guest to my server but having filled out the username and then invite it states that The Media Browser account has been disabled. Having looked at their profile they are in a group called validating. Pretty certain they clicked the link to validate the account from the e-mail. How long is the time delay from creating an account to being able to accept invitations via MB connect....There in their 70s and this process is frustrating them!

Thanks

There is no time delay at all.  If they are in the validating group then that means they did not validate their email address.

PM me their user name.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
gator99

So I am finally trying to test Guest access with a friend, but can't seem to get it to work. They have created an account but can't seem to get the invite sent to them. http://1drv.ms/1DNUDdZ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

we can probably improve the error message there but make sure your friend has confirmed their account signup by following the instructions in the email they should have received. if they have already done that then it means they've been inadvertently disabled, although that's extremely unlikely.

gator99

Thanks Luke, I asked but he said that he never got his confirmation email. I will have him look in his junk email

gator99

Thanks, I have resent the validation from his account, but we just aren't getting the email (checked junk/spam as well)

Hi,

I got the same issue with 2 mailadresses. They received the confirmation, they are even able to login in app.emy.media, but there is no server available to select. Thats logic because i am not able to link the email adress with the user i create for them. When i add the email adress to User account i receve the message " The emby account has been disabled"

It seems the account creation on website is working, but i am not able to link the mail adress to an USer on my Server.

Any Idea?

PS@  Another thing, i would like to thank you very mutch for your work, i appreciate a lot your work you do. The Emby for Media Center is a very good addon, i love it and use it every day :-)

Edited by Slini

552c01ef0d40f_emby.jpg

Here a screenshot

@@ebr  I have sent you the affected emailadress by pm

I just re send email to that user (his email end with "h")

Thx Abobader,

I can check tommorow with him. I let you know then.

Good day,

Please let me know as a test, if that account can login here in the forum, I think now I know the problem, but let wait and see if the email to validate the account only the issue here.

Thanks in advanced.

My best

Tpullen is the username I am having troubles with

Email re sent, let me know how things go.

gator99

We double checked and still have not receives it, we double checked the email in his profile and it is correct

I manually validated a couple of these. They PM'd me the emails and I went and did them.  Sorry, Abo I didn't know you were trying to test something out.

• Like 2

Hi Abobader,

My collegua is now able to Login, Ebr has approved and now they can see my Server.

Thx for you Help.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi again,

Just for Info, i registred a new User right now and it works perfectly, not sure why it doesn't work with the other 2 accounts before, but it seems to be working fine now.

Regards