Choppy playback of mp4 60 fps 1080p in MBT (sony AS20 video)?

markm75

I'm having an issue with playback of action cam 60 fps video from media browser theater on Windows 8.1 U1 x64 with the latest MBT.. it seems with the internal player the video is pretty choppy.. so I thought maybe i'd try VLC as an external player.. same issue.. I have a dedicated nvidia card in the machine, so I know its not an issue..  I also have tried running the files directly on the machine with mbt, rather than over gigabit, same issue.. seems to be a local playback/codec issue.. i'd prefer to get the internal MBT working.. I tried disabling hardware acceleration in the mbt settings and other tips i've seen on here...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Deathsquirrel

Just to confim, do they videos play normally in VLC on the machine outside of MBT?  If so I imagine a server transcode log will be needed.

Just to confim, do they videos play normally in VLC on the machine outside of MBT?  If so I imagine a server transcode log will be needed.

Its rather strange as i just found out.. VLC they are jerky too.. however, if i manually click the videos and use windows media player they are smooth as silk.  On this client box i do not have any codec packs installed, just what is installed with MBT....

On another client box if i try with just VLC they are smooth there, so something is amiss.  Though on that box i have the shark codec pack installed... I'm hesitant to install any codec packs unless it helps.