Latest server update has messed up Series format

Macburp
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Macburp

Hello. I have documentaries in my collection set up as follows:

/Documentaries/<Series>/<Season>/<show.s01e01>

This worked well for picking up metadata. Using coverflow in MBC I was able to have 'Documentaries' showed as an icon next to the top level show (but without cover art applied), and see a similar coverflow menu when entering the documentaries section,

So I noticed this morning, after quitting MBC for a server upgrade, that cover art has been added to the documentaries as seen below:

54b3c6bb89664_level1.jpg

When I entered documentaries I saw each series treated as a season -

54b3c80ea2405_level2.jpg

This is not appropriate to a library with over 100 entries, and looks very cluttered. 

When I go to the next level down Mediabrowser cannot distinguish between seasons and episodes, choosing to list them as one. For example, BBC Documentaries was subdivided into annual seasons and numbered accordingly, this has now gone -

54b3c95623a39_level3.jpg

I checked this in the web client, exactly the same thing has happened, so it must be a server change that has caused this issue. What has caused this, and how can it be fixed?

feeling slightly grumpy about this (sorry), and help appreciated.

Your organizational folder is being mis-identified as a TV series.  Several iterations of changes were made in this area with the new release and I'm not 100% sure what you need to do to make this work properly again so we'll have to wait for @@Luke to chime in with the solution.

• Solution

Okay, @@Macburp, your situation appears to be the same as the "Star Trek" example that is in the wiki.

So, you should just need to set your Documentaries folder to a content type of TV using the metadata manager and then re-scan.

• Like 1

MiChAeLoKGB

Had same exact problem with my StarGate series being all in one StarGate folder like:

G:\Series\StarGate\StarGate SG-1\Season1....

G:\Series\StarGate\StarGate Atlantis\Season1....

G:\Series\StarGate\StarGate SG-U\Season1....

And also with my NationalGeographics folder.

Changing the content and re-scanning helped, but now it has to download images and all data again, like WHY? It was already downloaded there. Also all my viewed episodes were set to unviewed. NOOOOO.

I think you should just make exception:

If folder contains folders that do not fit naming scheme, but they contain folders that fit it (like \Series\StarGate\StarGate SG-1\Season 1 etc folers), skip the main folder or set it to TV content right away.

I know a lot of peoples who has it set up like that, and this breaks it pretty nicely... Meh.

Ps.: IDK whats with that, but when I go to movies, it takes ages for it to show the images (thumbs) of movies. Before update it was instant.

PPs.: Would be nice if I could sort Latest Media by air date. I know its latest, but if such stuff happens, it instantly threw all that "new" series/movies on top.

One more thing: When I click the VIEWED tick, it should not open the pop up with latest from XXXXXX or even more annoying, if there is only one episode, throw me right to it.

Also, lot of my NationalGeographics series are like couple parts (had like 3 1 hour parts), or its just one season (actually it has no seasons, just has parts), so I do not have it in Season 01 folder. Before it was working and showed all parts in media browser, now when I click on it it just show Seasons and nothing there. Da F? I am sorry, but this update broke much more than it fixed (at least for me).

Edited by MiChAeLoKGB

Macburp

Right, will let you know how I get on.

And this worked. Set Documentaries to TV in the metadata manager and rescanned the library, restored the previous working structure. Thank you @@ebr.