TV Shows: Seasons & Episodes not recognized in single Show Folder

pseudoheld

pseudoheld

I have a pretty extensive library with the structure that all the Episodes are in one folder. For Example

/TV Shows/Prison Break/Prison Break S01E01.mp4

/TV Shows/Prison Break/Prison Break S02E02.mp4

/TV Shows/Breaking Bad/Breaking Bad S01E01.mp4

/TV Shows/Breaking Bad/Breaking Bad S02E02.mp4

etc...

XBMC has no issue with this and works fine.
However MediaBrowser doesn't detect the seasons and thus also doesn't show me the episodes.

When accessing my library I see the unwatched count next to the shows, showing me the complete number of episodes but when i access a show i see no Seasons and thus can't access any episodes.

However in the recently added section the episodes show up fine.

This basicaly makes MediaBrowser unuseable for me because I don't want to rearrange everything.

Is this a bug or do I have to change sth in the settings?

I am using the latest release (v3.0.5490.2) on Windows 8.1 (32bit)

Any ideas?

• Like 1

pseudoheld

What is the type of the media folder?

I chose content type TV. (is that what you meant?)

Its a windows folder on a local machine.

As I said I didn't add just one folder which contains one series. I added one folder that contains a lot of subfolder (one subfolder for each series)

Edited by pseudoheld

pseudoheld

yeah!

it might however be working now. i restarted my machine (already did that yesterday) and mediabrowser wouldn't load. so i reinstalled it (ontop of the old installation) and now slowly but surely its scraping the seasons.

no idea what changed.

will let it scrape all the files and see if its working now.

thanks for the help

pseudoheld

aaaaaand its stopped working again :(

Yesterday I added a new folder containing a bunch of tv show folders and once again it isn't working.

Whats strange is this time SOME series the seasons are scraped correctly and some arent.

Here is the folder in question:

4WO0ayu.png

Here is the contents of a tv show folder (to see the naming etc)

Y1mp8dm.png

Here is the overview showing the number of unwatched episodes (meaning they have been found) lets take greys anatomy for this example.

Je5kEhC.jpg

However here i can't see any Seasons or episodes in the tv show view.

hdfpKC6.jpg

I have restarted the computer, restartet mediabrowser, rescanned my library. All to no avail.

Whats so strange is that other Shows from the same folder have been recognized. For Example 24 and Arrested (all containing multiple Seasons) work as expected.

Also it isn't like "A"-"B" works and the rest doesn't (like as if the scan stopped or sth) For example "Arrested Development" was scraped "Band of Brothers" wasn't and "Chuck" was.

Any idea whats going on?

Edited by pseudoheld

Happy2Play

Can you show a screenshot of TV Shows in Metadata Manager?

pseudoheld

Sure.

Here we have Greys Anatomy (which isn't working). As you can see even in metadata manager the seasons don't show up when i open up the stub of the series:

t26GuEU.png

Here is "24" from the same TV Show folder with working seasons:

1iGKcLJ.png

Beardyname

And the item "TV shows" is defined as content type tv in the library section? (i thought you said so just wanting to double check)

For shits and giggles if the above is correct, what happens if you switch from "inherit" to tv on a couple that are acting up and after that do an advanced refresh on said items.

The Baron

I had some problems with TV and the new 'Content Type' options also.

I hve found that you need to set the folder all those shows are located in to TV also. That will allow the server to recognise that this particular folder contains TV shows.

Ideally then you will not need to make any further changes as the sub folders will inherit the TV status.

• Like 1

pseudoheld

I had some problems with TV and the new 'Content Type' options also.

I hve found that you need to set the folder all those shows are located in to TV also. That will allow the server to recognise that this particular folder contains TV shows.

Ideally then you will not need to make any further changes as the sub folders will inherit the TV status.

im not quite sure i understand what you are saying. i set the main folder that contains all the sub folders to tv shows.

the other folders then inherit the status. as you can read below i also tried changing those from inherit to TV but to no avail.

And the item "TV shows" is defined as content type tv in the library section? (i thought you said so just wanting to double check)

For shits and giggles if the above is correct, what happens if you switch from "inherit" to tv on a couple that are acting up and after that do an advanced refresh on said items.

yeah its set as "TV Shows"

tried setting from inherit to tv show. didn't help :(

what i really dont get is why one folder (with exactly the same structure) got scraped fine and now this one is acting up again....

Edited by pseudoheld

Happy2Play

It shouldn't matter, but are all the series that aren't working properly without "Season X" folders?

pseudoheld

It shouldn't matter, but are all the series that aren't working properly without "Season X" folders?

yeah as i said.

check my previous posts to see my file structure.

ALL my series are without Season Folders.

Some work some dont....

chambonito

I have this same issue. I wanted to make them nice and neat inside of their own folders but using TV or MIXED CONTENT won't let the content play inside the folders. If I take all my content out of the folders and leave it on the root of the directed directory then I get full love with playing all of my TV shows. Rather frustrating because I would like to choose TV shows. Then choose folder of TV show and then choose episode. I have a work around or now but will be following. Also I found that I get a bunch of leftovers (jpeg and XML) files from shows that have long been deleted. The server shows it cleaned out the TV library but they still remain....any ideas on this?

pseudoheld

i will review for the next server release. for now i wouldn't pull your hair out about it :)

ok thanks man.

while on the topic of tv shows without season folders:

is there a way to have auto-organize sort my shows into ONE folder and not force them into season X folders?

I dont like how this new folder structure works this is not the first time that the folder structure has broken and each time i find away to get it to work that why I like it and now its broken again. I use the mbc app for the 10 foot exp i like have separate folders and not bunch together cause not all things go together (and that is what you get if you use the new interfaces with the new apps). I have a folder for Anime which holds shows as well as movies i did not want to put Anime movies separate cause most of moves show be in the show for quick watch instead of going to a new folder to watch it. the mixed folder is nice for this but now i do not see any option to classify anything under my anime folder in metamanger and there is not identity button at all. in the other folders the movie folder and the TV show folder the indentity is shown. this was working before i restarted the server today so all xml and meta folders are there with the data just its not being read at all

I have this same issue. I wanted to make them nice and neat inside of their own folders but using TV or MIXED CONTENT won't let the content play inside the folders. If I take all my content out of the folders and leave it on the root of the directed directory then I get full love with playing all of my TV shows. Rather frustrating because I would like to choose TV shows. Then choose folder of TV show and then choose episode. I have a work around or now but will be following. Also I found that I get a bunch of leftovers (jpeg and XML) files from shows that have long been deleted. The server shows it cleaned out the TV library but they still remain....any ideas on this?

stay within the tv naming guidelines. as long as you follow that, it should work fine. in the library setup page in the dashboard click the new help button to get to the guide.

I got it to work by deleting the folder and reading it as Content type: Unset (mixed content) and it seems to reads the xml's again