Kicking Me Back To User Select Screen Every 20 Seconds

Netbug

I'm having a bunch of problems since upgrading to the latest release version of MB Classic and Server. Luke took care of some of the issues I was having with the server (Web client and media issues). Now I'm having problems with MB Classic.

The latest is there seems to be a new user selection screen. It's nice. But I can't get it to stay away.

I have all the options set to log in as myself automatically in the configurator, yet every 15-20 seconds as I'm browsing, it kicks me back to the user selection screen.

I have no idea what is causing this behaviour. I'm not clicking on anything. Literally, I'll be scrolling through the main options on the EHS and it will pop me back out to the user selection screen.

Advice? :/

Here's a video of what's happening.

Edit: I should add, I have no idea why I'm even seeing the user selection screen on this client; I have it set to automatically log in as a specific user and do not use any other accounts on this one.

Edited by Netbug

Is that Neo?  Can you try switching to Chocolate (if you can get to it in time)?

Also, please post the MBC log from that session.

I believe it's Pearl (I think... been a while since I changed it). Sure. I won't be able to get to it until this evening (approx 13 hours from now). But will do so when I get home.

Edit: Correction, I think you are right, it is Neo.

Edited by Netbug

Okay, it looks like your server is being denied the right to create the following directory:

\\TOWER\MediaVault\Icons\ImagesByName\MusicGenre\Ed Banger

It is an access rights problem as the server application doesn't have the ability to create a directory there.

@@Luke - it looks like this denial of access is now being trickled down and causing a 401 to be returned on the query that initiated the action (by simply requesting a bunch of music genres).  This doesn't seem correct as the query itself is authorized.

It is the 401 that is causing MBC to kick you out as that means you aren't authorized to access that server.

Okie dokie. Do I just need to change permissions on that directory? Is there a dirfix batch program to correct all by chance?