MetaData Fetcher in Server for Landscape.jpg

kornster

kornster

Hi All,

Im using Media Browser server for Windows and the Square Theme in Media Browser Classic and Square uses a Landscape.jpg to show on the front page for the most recent content and if thats missing will only show the folder.png picture. I figured out how to fix this which is to use the metadata manager and "Refresh" the collection but ive found that doing so re-downloads the movie.xml file and overwrites my existing one. The problem with this is that my wife and i edit out own movie.xml file using Salami`s movie organizer so that i can remove the multiple Genre`s and just have one that`s relevant to the content we have added. Why you ask. Because we only want one relevant genre for our content instead of multiple of the same file appearing in multiple genre headings. My question is, is there a way to fetch just the landscape.jpg files and not any other files the refresh does?

Regards

• Like 1

on that same page in the metadata manager click the Images tab and then you can download individual images. The type of image you are looking for is called Thumb.

kornster

Thanks Luke, I`ll give it a crack. So this prevents the Movie.xml file from being fetched/created?

• Like 1

kornster

Hi Luke,

Does this mean i have to do each piece of content one by one? I did what you said and im still not seeing the landscape.jpg downloading against my content.

See attached

Would the "genre cleaner" plug in allow you to use the server metadata editor to archive the same result you are getting from salami?

You would have to refresh the server in order to have those thumbs show would you not? In that case you naught run I to the genre issue anyway.

kornster

Hi chef, I assumed i would need to do a refresh as well to get the landscape.jpg to download for the content as well but im sure this has overwritten the movie.xml file before, or does the refresh download a mymovies.xml file? I cant recall :(

Edited by kornster

Remember that the "landscape" image you are referring to is actually called "thumb" image.

I could be wrong but I think Neo actually used "backdrop" images in the panels on the ehs.

Have you got backdrop images stored locally on your computer?

Have you got "thumb" images saved locally on your computer?

Happy2Play

You can use "Advanced Refresh" and look at the drop down options.

54b45f183e398_advanced.png

Sorry to answer your question above, mb uses movie.xml. If you refresh the media item, then yes I believe that it will overwrite your xml when saved. However, you can click on the "images" button in the metadata editor to download specific images for your collection and then press "save"

This will not refresh your metadata and will save the image locally (if you have save content locally select in your server setup).

If you need me to elaborate more please let me know :)

kornster

Thanks chef and Happy2Play. Im giving it a crack now just to see if it does indeed replace the movie.xml file on the refresh even though i have "download missing images" as per Happy2Play`s post. I`ve probably saved myself a little if things go pear shaped as i have renamed all the mymovies.xml to mymovies.backup before i created the movie.xml from the mymovies.xml with all the correct information. If the refresh does do the unthinkable i`ll have some backup solution that i can roll back on. I`ll report back as soon as ive left it for a bit.

kornster

Well i tried the refresh and it downloaded the landscape.jpg and also overwrote the movie.xml file. Perhaps this is a bug in MB Server? I should be able to batch rename mymovies.backup to mymovies.xml and then batch re-write movie.xml from the mymovie.xml file from here. I think i`ll just have to remember to create a backup of the mymovie from here.

post-1636-0-64098900-1421119169_thumb.jpg

post-1636-0-13321700-1421119198_thumb.jpg

kornster

We do not read or write mymovies.xml

i understand that ebr. My comment was that the metadata manager in MB server will fetch and overwrite the already movie.xml file i have for my content even though i tell it in advanced to only download missing images.I was just saying that im lucky that i still have copies of the mymovie.xml file`s so i can re-use those to restore the files to the way they where for the movie.xml files. Well that sounds confusing :|

@@kornster

Rename one of your "landscape.jpg" to "backdrop.jpg" and see if it shows up on the ehs.

I am still a confused as to why your collection is saving images a "landscape".

I think that that is your issue...maybe.

kornster

@@kornster

Rename one of your "landscape.jpg" to "backdrop.jpg" and see if it shows up on the ehs.

I am still a confused as to why your collection is saving images a "landscape".

I think that that is your issue...maybe.

I`ve figured it out. The landscape.jpg wasnt downloading as i dont have MB Server set to automatically fetch metadata as i do it all myself. The confusing part which is all my fault is that I needed to refresh the collection with MB Server but this overwrites any existing movie.xml files. The positive side of this is that i keep a mymovies.bak file in all the folders before i make the movie.xml as Salami`s Movie Organizer makes a mymovie.xml file when i save data against my content. I`ve figured it out now and have it re-scanning the media library. Thanks for all the help even though i probably didnt make sense. i am after all a Network Admin :|

Happy2Play

So you are saying if you do Advanced Refresh- (none or local refresh only), your movie.xml is getting overwritten?

Edited by Happy2Play

kornster

So you are saying if you do Advanced Refresh- (none or local refresh only), your movie.xml is getting overwritten?

Yes it did as shown in my attachments

• Like 1