How to go back to Release version from development version

jwill

I'm currently on the development version of MBS (Version 3.0.5488.1547) and I would like to go back to the release version, but I have no backup with the release version installed. Selecting release on the web configuration page and doing an auto update has no effect, presumably because the development version number is higher than the release version.

Is it possible for me to go back to the release version without losing all of my current settings and configuration?

Are there any problems expected if I just do a normal install of MBS using the release version (network installer) linked from the download page? Do I have to manually uninstall the development version first? If I do manually uninstall the development version, will it leave all my configuration files intact, or erase them?

Just set your release level back to stable releases then as you say reinstall the server from the website over top

Have you actually done this? Are you sure that it will not erase any of my settings or configuration?

Vidman

Yes i have. ..but I've not had to recently

When i did it didn't over write my settings

Edited by Vidman

Well, that was useless. It seems the developers just went and made the development release the same as the official stable release on the web page. Unbelievable. I wanted to go back to the stable release before all the bugs that were introduced in the development release, but now I can't do that because there is no link or method that I can see to install an older version.

I cannot understand the developers at all. They warn that people should not use even the beta release because of possible major, breaking changes, and then they go and make the official release the same as the development release within a few days of making major changes in devel, and not even fixing all the reported bugs that people testing devel reported to them. Insane!

Edited by jwill

Happy2Play

You could check your "Previous Versions" in Windows to see if you still have a copy of the version you want.  The .old is a auto-backup of previous running version.  Rename the current system folder and restore the .old by removing .old.  There are several threads about this.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

54b3272a3b66d_previous.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play