MediaBrowser Stalling/Buffering On Playback

Netbug

I'm not quite sure where to start with this one...

My parents use the Roku at home and at the cottage to connect to my MB server.

The cottage internet connection isn't great (3mbps).

They can stream no problem using MediaBrowser on the Roku when they are on their home internet connection (60mbps).

They can stream Netflix without issue at the cottage (3mbps)

They can stream MediaBrowser through the web browser at the cottage (3mbps)

However...

When attempting to stream through MediaBrowser on the Roku on the 3mbps connection, there are constant buffering messages.

Why would they be able to stream through the web interface, but not the Roku on the same connection?

have they gone into the roku app settings and adjusted the streaming bitrate? the default is around 3.3 so it sounds like they need to do that.

have they gone into the roku app settings and adjusted the streaming bitrate? the default is around 3.3 so it sounds like they need to do that.

That seems to be correcting it. Thanks, Luke.

spmilden

I have a similiar issue but it's not when accessing MS server remotely. I have a HTPC and am using a Roku 3 to view content. Even if I reduce the video quality to SD, it still buffers a great deal. I'm thinking that the AMD CPU may be the bottleneck but am not tech savvy enough to know for sure. Any suggestion on what to try would be appreciated.

you can try looking at the transcoding log and search for fps to see how fast it's encoding. if you're not getting at least 24fps then that is probably the issue