No HD sound or studio icons after fresh install on new ssd

blumamba
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

blumamba

I have been using MB for quit some time now so I am familiar with most of it.  I reinstalled win7 pro x64 and all my apps on a new ssd.  After setting up mb server on my server I discovered that my custom icons would not display nor would the studio icons and I have no hd sound on my win7 client htpc.  I had everything working with no issues previous to the new ssd.  I also have all the MB apps and shark007 codec pac all up to date, which was what I had previously before the new ssd.  So I checked the normal stuff to see if anything had been changed on the client due to new NVidia drivers that were installed last week sometime.  Nothing had changed in my sound set up nor video set up.  So I am now confused as to why it appears the server is not sending any bitstream other than 2.0 pcm?  I tested the live tv and recordings and they both change to the correct audio format. 

To further that I had rearranged the folders on the client to display in the order I wanted and not alphabetically as the server does.  Meaning:  Movies  TV Series  Kids  Home Movies...etc.  I recall using the web interface last time to reorder them to which I did again.  However it doesn't reorder them on the client and displays them alphabetically.  How do I reorder them? 

I know I am missing something simple on both counts but cant seem to figure it out.  As for my custom icons it was due to the naming convention and after changing all the dashes to underscores it worked fine.  I am still seeing 5.1 icons on 6.1/7.1 audio.  I use MCM, also latest release for my metadata and it correctly identifies the sound format.  So why than would MB display something different than what was in the xml created by MCM?  This Is my guess as to why it wont display the correct icons.  If that is the case is there a way for me to fix it or does it need to be fixed at the engineering level?

thanks for your time

To further that I had rearranged the folders on the client to display in the order I wanted and not alphabetically as the server does.  Meaning:  Movies  TV Series  Kids  Home Movies...etc.  I recall using the web interface last time to reorder them to which I did again.  However it doesn't reorder them on the client and displays them alphabetically.  How do I reorder them? 

With the current release, you would need to edit the sort name field for those items with the metadata editor.

The next release of MBC (or dev right now if you want to install it) will allow you to use the same views you see in the web client in MBC so it will respect the ordering you already set up.

blumamba

Ok I will do that. Figured it was something simple that I overlooked.  I got the hd sound fixed as I had the server look at itself.  I used the "network" and pointed it to the folders and issue gone.  I still don't have the studio icons?  What am I missing there?

Thanks again

For studio icons to show in mbc i think they need to be saved as folder.jpg but the server downloads them as thumb.jpg if i remember correctly. Rename some and see if that works. Not all themes in mbc support studio icons though.

blumamba

They are all in folder.jpg and haven't been modified from my last setup.  The only difference was that I added several new ones that weren't with the install package.  Am I supposed to put them someplace other than ibn?  Can some one tell me where there supposed go exactly to confirm that is where there at?  I am using the tried and true NEO and it did display them correctly.

blumamba

C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

my bad.  They are In the correct place and all named correctly but will not show.  What else am I overlooking?

• Solution

Are you sure your IBN hasn't been redirected on the server?

Eliminate MBC from the equation and use the web client to bring up a Studio view of your movies.  Then edit one of the studios.  That will show you the exact path that is being used and also allow you to use the editor to provide images (Images tab) if you wish.

54bbc1e032247_editstudio.png

• Like 1

blumamba

It was all correct.  I restarted the server app and it showed up?  I do have some bigger more legible icons if interested.  I got them off the web a long while back.