trailers not playing

twos50

• 2 weeks later...

What I mean is that I can play trailers through the trailer channel on the ceton extender, however trailers do not play before the start of the movie using the ceton echo extender.  

I have verified settings on the server as well as on the users profile.  Can someone let me know if trailers should be able to play before the start of a movie using a ceton echo extender??  

Thanks for you time.

@@ebr  Ok, thanks.  

I had the "Only play unwatched content" checked from the server settings.  I had that checked because no matter which profile I was using (parental controls ranging from G to R),  I was seeing the same trailers, even though inside the trailers channels  there were new trailers to be seen.  

While inside the trailers channel, I applied the filter to show only "played" trailers and I saw all of the trailers that was being viewed before a movie would start.  So when I checked "Only play unwatched content" from the server settings I would get not one trailer to play before a movie would start.  I haven't seen all trailers so why wouldn't it play any other unseen trailers?  Is it strictly because of parental control settings??    Any help understanding would be appreciated.

Thanks

The intro functionality tries to pick a trailer that matches up with the movie you are watching and it also tries to adhere to parental controls - which can be a real problem for trailers because a majority of them are not rated yet.  So, if you block unrated content with parental controls, you won't have many trailers to choose from.