Media Browser Server / Chromecast Full Screen Issue

IMakeMagic

IMakeMagic

Im fairly new to using Media Browser Server on windows through chrome . I have a chromecast that I've been streaming Movies to but i dont see any options to make the videos full screen without changing my tv settings. Is there any way to make the videos automatically full screen?

how are you sending the video to chromecast? if you use the chromecast functions within the web client it will be full screen. if you use the chromecast add-on in the browser, it might not.

IMakeMagic

I have the Chromecast browser add on in chrome. When i click the cast button through Media Browser Server it says select player . I click on my chromecast  the browser automatically pops up . If i try to do it through the chromecast functions within the web client without the browser add on nothing happens?

Is there something i'm doing wrong ? or is there a better way?

the web client functions only cast when you send media to the chromecast. it doesn't actually display the screen. so it sounds like you're doing it right. after you connect from inside the web client,. then go and play something

IMakeMagic

i have been doing it that way and it works but only video files that are already 16:9 show up full screen the others have black borders at the top and bottom so i was wondering if there was a way to display them all in full screen without stretching the picture on my tv ? 

I've been Playing Mostly Blu Ray movie Rips through Media Browser . I'm assuming its a Aspect ratio issue as most movie rips i have are 2.40:1 Aspect Ratio. Its not that big of a deal just more annoying to me then anything.

Thank you for answering my noob questions . I appreciate it 

Edited by IMakeMagic