Can't install MediaBrowser server

jfranek

Hello,

I thought I was computer literate, but I must be wrong.

I have downloaded the server, but at the end of the installation process it wants me to sign in.   It suggests my own PC user name, so I tried my PC account password - no good.

So I have created a MediaBrowser account (I am signed in, otherwise I would not be able to post this).

But even this user name and password is rejected.

Can anybody help what to do?   How long does it take for my new account to be registered in the server installation process?

Is this procedure needed to evaluate a piece of software??

cheers

Edited by jfranek

where exactly is it asking you for a password? the initial user account it creates has no password. 

It asked to sign in at the end of MB server install, but allowed me to skip it. So I have the server installed, but can't do anything with it. The tray icon is there, but if I select Configur MB or Browse Library, it wants me to sign in  -

54b1e260ad9fa_ScreenShot002.jpg

"Josef" is my PC user account name, so I try to use my PC sign in password - no good.

When I try to do the Manual Log in, and use my MB account user name and password, the one I am using to write this post, it refuses it also. 

So what can I do ?  I just tried again, about one hour after registering my MB account, but still the same - won't let me in.

are you sure you didn't first create a password in the users area? you can try clicking on the forgot password link and following that procedure. this is a local account. by default it has no password unless you might have added one.

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are saying.  I tried the Forgot password procedure. It sent a text file into my PC, I used the code on the URL given, but no luck.

I uninstalled the server, installed it again, and having the MB user account I used the MB user name, email address , but no luck.

Right now I have the server installed but can't get in to do anything. I get  Invalid password or user name.  I just did the Forggot password procedure, and at the end it says that the password has been reset. But I don't know to what it has been reset. Nothing gets accepted.

What should I do?

I think it works now. I accidentally hovered over the green icon and realised it was 'live'. After clicking on it I got into some maintenance area where I can see my details.

So after all it actually did not need any password, so why is all that stuff there???

Beardyname

After the Media Browser Server it opens up the "wizard" which lets you setup an administrator account and also basic settings, This has nothing to do with your pc-username and is the admin user for your Local Media browser install.

Not sure what "live" is and what user/password thing you saw but hopefully you are getting started :)

Yes, I am loading a couple a couple of libraries to see what it does.    'live' means that it is not just a picture, it actually does something when you click on it.

BTW is it possible to set a default size of font other than 8 points?

Beardyname

I don't ever change mine so default for me works! (for the font)

and oh you were talking about the login screen? I was thinking since it changes color etc when you hover on/over it that it would be indication enough.

If you have any questions with the library etc feel free to ask, there should also be links to the wiki etc for the most basic things.