Toggle Subtitles

saajan4u

saajan4u

is there a quick and easy way to toggle subtitles in wmc without needing any other software. I know there mediacentreplus remote, but that hit miss for me.

so how do you guys toggle without using a mouse !

cheers

Starkadius

Yeah there is no way of toggling the subtitles in WMC without needing external software. The option I am currently using is Media Control and assigning the audio/subtitle toggle command to any key or button. There is an old article about it here. The only issue with this tool is it requires FFDshow to work so it will not work with LAV filter.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Yeah there is no way of toggling the subtitles in WMC without needing external software. The option I am currently using is Media Control and assigning the audio/subtitle toggle command to any key or button. There is an old article about it here. The only issue with this tool is it requires FFDshow to work so it will not work with LAV filter.

I've recently built a gaming htpc, and it's really irritating me that WMC does not support fast-forward or rewind. I've found various sites and threads insinuating that Media Control provides this feature, and I need it! However all the sites reference FFDShow tryouts. I found this forum http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1096-setting-up-codecs-using-ffdshow/ but the first 3 links seem to be dead :( Can I just download FFDShow tryouts which seems to be actively developed?

AdrianW

I've recently built a gaming htpc, and it's really irritating me that WMC does not support fast-forward or rewind. I've found various sites and threads insinuating that Media Control provides this feature, and I need it! 

But why do you need it? There are so many quicker ways of navigating within Media Center.

hedgehogg

>AdrianW - Not too good on a remote tho' :)

/HoGG Appologises to AdrianW for not reading his thread properly ................ Then slinks slowly back into the corner curls in a ball and sleeps )))))))))))))))))))))

Edited by hedgehogg

buddyweiser

I have no problem navigating in WMC and MBC. I have my 360 controller with xpadder mapping all of the appropriate controls to the controller buttons. But there is no fastforward or rewind. I also have the bumpers mapped to "Page Up"+"Enter" and "Page Down"+"Enter" so that they automatically skip to next chapters.

Edit: I'm also looking for a solution for subtitles. Most of the forced subs are burned into the videos, but for the few that are not, I'd like the subs marked as forced to automatically be displayed.

Edited by buddyweiser

AdrianW

Edit: I'm also looking for a solution for subtitles. Most of the forced subs are burned into the videos, but for the few that are not, I'd like the subs marked as forced to automatically be displayed.

Are these external subs or soft subs inside mkv files?

If they're in mkv files then you can use the header editor which is an option in mkvmerge (which comes with mkvtoolnix) to set the "default" flag to "yes".

External subs with mkv videos should normally play, but I've had some issues with external subs with mp4 videos. I used to just remux mp4's into mkv (using mkvmerge) and then the subs would always display.

These days I use MPC-HC as an external player and all subs play with all file types without issue.