Can't connect on WP7

SamES

Is this app still supported on WP7?  I have a Nokia Lumia 800 with the 7.8 update.  It used to work but stopped some time ago (a few months?).  I've tried reinstalling from the Windows Store but this hasn't helped.

Basically, the app starts, I enter the correct server IP address and port (8096), it tries to connect but very quickly comes back with Connection details are invalid.  The IP and port works from the phones web browser.  Trying to connect over WiFi connection at home.

Tried the email logs option but it appears to do nothing.

Any thoughts (aside from the obvious buy a new phone)?

I believe the app requires WP8 now.

OK, well if this is the case, it looks like the app is broken on WP7 (and probably should be removed from the WP7 store).  I think the problems started when the requirement for a device based API key was added to the server.

From the server logs, I get this:

2015-01-10 18:58:01.0027 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.11:8096/mediabrowser/System/Configuration?format=json
Ip: 192.168.1.78:55203. Headers: Accept=*/*,Accept-Encoding=deflate,Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Windows Phone", DeviceId="JaB0BJtzJxQ4bGoJmDf/eLsU87U=", Device="Lumia 800 (NOKIA)", Version="7.0.0.51",User-Agent=NativeHost,Host=192.168.1.11:8096,Connection=Keep-Alive
2015-01-10 18:58:01.0027 Error - HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Access token is invalid or expired.
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5485.41302
Command line: C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Access token is invalid or expired.
MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto)
  at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
  at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
  at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)

2015-01-10 18:58:01.0027 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 401 to 192.168.1.78. Response time: 0 ms.
Url: http://192.168.1.11:8096/mediabrowser/System/Configuration?format=json

Unless there is an easy fix for this, I guess there is no more MB3 app for WP7.  Thanks
Edited by SamES

I think Microsoft stopped any form of support for Windows Phone 7.8 in September last year. I think they have even stopped support for Windows Phone 8 (not the current 8.1)

With those OS's reaching end of life I'm guessing the app developers have decided to concentrate on the systems that will basically be the standard going forward. I too have an old Windows 7.8 phone I'd love to use just as a remote around the house but understand the choices that have been made. I think the legacy support that Microsoft has insisted on giving with all it's operating systems has hindered their ability to innovate and that it would be the same case here.

ScottIsAFool

@@SamES what version of the server are you running? The WP7 app should still be able to connect without using a token.

EDIT: doesn't matter, i can see the version in the log you posted.

Edited by ScottIsAFool

ScottIsAFool

Right, spoken with Luke, this is a server bug and will be fixed in the next release (he's found where the bug is).

Right, spoken with Luke, this is a server bug and will be fixed in the next release (he's found where the bug is).

Excellent, thanks @@ScottIsAFool, @@Luke and others for your responses.  I'll keep an eye out and check it after the next server release.

arrbee99

Am trying to use this on a Windows 7.8 phone also, so thanks for fixing this up - can now access our PC. Still have a bit of a problem, in that there isn't an actual play button on the 7.8 version vs the 8.1. Am (hopefully) attaching a photo. Don't know if you're still updating for Windows 7.8. Not sure if any logs would help with this.

ScottIsAFool

Unfortunately, the WP7 app doesn't support video streaming to the device. We could never get the streaming to work (we know it's possible as other apps do it, but we couldn't get it to work).

arrbee99

Oh well, the phone was just a hand me down to one of the kids, so that would have been its main use. Guess he'll just have to wait for a 8.1 version come birthday time.