Big Love and a workshop on how metadata refreshes/sync work

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

I was busy looking through actors and their media and notice that Chloë Sevigny wasn't showing up against "Big Love" (she is ones of the main actresses)

anyways i have my metadata configured to

1. Download artwork and metadata from internet

2. Save artwork and metadata in media folders

3. Automatic updates enabled for all providers

Ive refreshed/Advanced refreshed Big series level, rescanned restarted server until im blue in the face..

The series.xml has Chloe populated as person.....strangely matching TVDB spelling without umlaut  (i updated TVDB soon after noticing the fault with umlaut), rather than TMDBs spelling with umlaut which has the higher priority.

But MB3 is just not aware of this actress against this show (as viewed in webclient).

Anybody out there with this show...is Chloe showing as an actress?

How can the actress exist in the series.xml but not in the MB3 library...doesnt the xml take priority, and wouldnt a full advanced refresh re-read the series.xml...

ginjaninja

My mistake tvdb was above tmdb for services-series metadata providors...

Deleting the series.xml seemed to sort it after a refresh..
Somewhere along the line, it seems mb3 lost its confidence to use the series.xml..odd

old xml

new xml

edit could it have been

<Type>Series</Type>

confusing mb3

edit2

doesnt seem so...added a person to another series xml wtih this 'Type' tag...and person still showed up..that was the only difference in the xmls..so not so much the content of the XML but something else confused mb3.

Edited by ginjaninja

I think you have the same problem we discussed here.

Because of the different spelling of Chloe, with and without umlaut, there are probably 2 ImagesByName folders, one for Chloë Sevigny and another for Chloe Sevigny, but both of them have the same person.xml file. But because of the different spelling of the folder name versus the persons name the link was broken.

ginjaninja

thanks

I do have the two ibn folders for two spellings of chloe as you say, both with the same local title (with the umlaut)...both person.xml are identical save different dates for <added>

but does it fit with your theory that deleting the series.xml sorted the issue? i havent touch the IBN folders and the issue has sorted itself..