Phantom Episodes

colchar

It is in everything except mbc. I put the default on at first to introduce the feature. If they were hidden at first, almost no one would ever know the feature was there.

i do intend to improve it for the next server release. the reporting aspect should be available out of the box. the mixing in with your current episodes is something you should have to specifically enable.

Heckler

I just sorted them by missing episodes in the browser... and it's added over 700 missing episodes.  :(

As you can imagine, the thought of deleting them one by one is a nightmare.

Heckler

Is this the same issue I've noticed, which is driving me nuts.

I don't have the settings enabled in either server or client... I'm running the latest beta versions of both.

It's not just adding missing episodes, or upcoming episodes... but entire seasons for shows.

For example, I have the first 2 seasons of all three CSI shows.... and now I have every single missing episode upto season 14 for one, 10 for another and 9 for the last one... which is where they currently are.

Not only that, but shows which have been of the air for 15yrs are getting missing episodes added.  For example, any show that had a 2 parter, that was later done as a single episode... is showing up that the 2nd part is missing.

I've never had this setting on at all... and it has the added side effect of breaking the ability to play an entire season if there is so much as a single missing episode in the folder.

I just don't want or need to see blank season folders showing up for things I have no interest in adding to my collection, or for shows that are suddenly showing up new seasons that don't start for 5 months. I have the setting ticked to hide empty folders... and it's not working.  :(

Sorry for the rant... I went through everything last night to get rid of these episodes and seasons, triple checked my settings to make sure it wasn't my fault... and today every single one is back... along with even more.... gagh... so frustrating.

Heckler

OK, seems that the issue for me was that the options were still ticked on the 2nd client I have installed on another machine that has the same user.

I've made sure it's unticked on both clients and server now... is there a way to expunge all of these phantom episodes and seasons in one go?  A scan doesn't do it, in fact I just ran a scan... and it added back everything I've deleted... again.

elshagon

I just sorted them by missing episodes in the browser... and it's added over 700 missing episodes.   :(

As you can imagine, the thought of deleting them one by one is a nightmare.

Yeah I have the same problem.  I disabled it in the settings, but the episodes still show.  It's a pain because I have some tv shows with a lot of missing episodes such as cartoons for my kid.  Having to guess which are really there or not stinks.

• Like 1