Not recognizing new movies as movies

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Forum and Devs.

I'm on MBS Version 3.0.5482.1 Beta.

I have a folder named "Filme" which contains a bunch of movies. It's folder type for metadata and organizing is set to movies as well.

It worked fine since this version but for now, if I add new media, it often gets not recognizes as a movie folder,

For eg this Folder Structure:

Filme\Der.Junge.im.gestreiften.Pyjama.2008.German.1080p.DL.DTSHD.BluRay.AVC.Remux-pmHD\Der.Junge.im.gestreiften.mkv

If I open this entry in my web browser interface for editing, I'm getting an error message "Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein. Parametername: item", in english : "Value can not be NULL. Perametername: item"

post-1592-0-31706400-1420796871_thumb.jpg

Scott84Z28

Ideally, the folder should be named like this:

\Filme\Der Junge im gestreiften Pyjama (2008)\Der.Junge.im.gestreiften.mkv

That will help it get picked up correctly.  So würde ich es machen. ;)

• Like 1

Tranquil

Yes, you are right. But renaming all these folders is a mass of work.

I finally get it work by removing all my movie folders out of the media library and re-adding them again. 

Vidman

Yes, you are right. But renaming all these folders is a mass of work.

I finally get it work by removing all my movie folders out of the media library and re-adding them again.

It's not much work if you use program like filebot.... Probably less work than removing and readding them Edited by Vidman

aspdend

It's not much work if you use program like filebot.... Probably less work than removing and readding them

or file2foldergui If I need to add a lot of items (normally music videos), I try to use filebot to correctly name them, then when all are named correctly, file2foldergui will put them in an individual folder with the same name as the file, then move them to where they need to go - easy

Vidman

or file2foldergui If I need to add a lot of items (normally music videos), I try to use filebot to correctly name them, then when all are named correctly, file2foldergui will put them in an individual folder with the same name as the file, then move them to where they need to go - easy

you can set filebot to rename the items into individual folders...saving you a step