Media Browser Theater and Subrip subtitles not properly working

BlackEternity
Go to solution Solved by BlackEternity,

BlackEternity

Hi there,

I'm a long time Media Browser user since MB for WMC and back then I had some issues with subtitles working properly with DXVA on an atom board. My Hardware and software has changed but now I'm facing a similar issue. 

I can't seem to get subtitles (subrip) to work properly in MBT. In WMP, everything looks good.

A picture says more than words, so here you go:

54af7a0d2787c_MBT_subrip_rezised.jpg

As you can see, my subtitles are behind the frame. When I select some different subtitle type, like vobsub, it shows flawlessly as you can see here:

54af7a2b4e30e_MBT_vobsub.jpg

54af7a3c870ac_MBT_subtitles_rezised.jpg

Is there anything I can configure differently? I didn't change anything related to subtitles. So it should be default.

When subtitles are used, xy-VSFilter from what I can see but I can't double-click on the task-icon in order to configure anything.

Please let me know what information you need so I can properly provide you with everything to get this issue fixed so my wife can enjoy the movies again when some foreign language (alien like in John Carter or russian in SALT) comes in. I'e reproduced this issue with all movies that I have which use subrip. Vobsub works perfect.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

BlackEternity

Edit says:

Language doesn't matter - it also occurs when I have english subrip :-)

Edited by BlackEternity

• Solution
BlackEternity

Okay nevermind - after digging through tons of internet posts and nearly unrelated stuff to Media Browser, I found out that I hat to switch to MadVR in order to get the Subrip-subtitles to show properly with XYSubfilter.

BlackEternity

davilafran

How to switch to MadVR and where? What is it? 

Have the same problem. Thanks

Edit: Video Scaling. Go to profile, Settings, Video Player, Configure Video Renderer, EVR Settings. Hit Plus or Minus to change values. No option is really good to solve that issue 100% anyway...  you can stretch the movie though

Edited by davilafran

BlackEternity

Hey,

what do you mean "no option is really good to solve the issue?"

I switched to MadVR and kept my aspect ratio without stretching or scaling anything and thus, the subtitles were displayed on the same spot as the vobsub ones.

Can you explain what's not working for you properly?

Kind regards,