Problem with handling of unset (mixed content)

Serios

Serios

I have a unset (mixed folder) called "Documentaries" in which as the name suggest there are documentary movies and series, most of them in strm files. The folder structure goes like this:

Media Folder \
    Documentaries \

Our Galaxy \

Our Galaxy.strm

Cosmos - A SpaceTime Odyssey \

Season 01 \

Cosmos - A SpaceTime Odyssey S01E01 Standing Up in the Milky Way.strm

Every movie folder was set as Movie and every Series folder was set as TV in Metadata manager... and everything worked flawlessly till today.

From today MB starts acting like having mad cow disease...

It completely ignores Series folder as it doesn't exist and take the Seasons folders as main folder trying to identify them like TV series which bring to terrible results. I tried everything I can become in mind - re-adding entire Documentary folder to library, removing all folders inside and adding them back, clean of nfo and other files, one by one, setting the content type trough metadata manager again. Nothing helps, it still identified Season folders as Series folder. With movie items, at first they was marked as TV, but when I changed content type to Movie there was no problem anymore.

So I ended up creating two sub folders under "Documentaries" folder - "Movies" and "Series", set the content type of each and moved the other folders inside setting the content type to inherit. This fix the problem and now Series are recognized properly. But what's the point to have mixed content, when still must be separated?

Another thing, that is quite annoying, is that before - when I go to Documentaries I was seeing all mixed folders inside now I see two folders Movies and Series and must go to one of them  to access content which with 300+ items and forgetting from time to time, the item I want to watch was a movie or a series, drives me nut. Can the good old functionality be back? Or is there a way to keep the separation in folders, but to display items from them combined?