Installing to MB3 to a different drive?

mithhunter55

mithhunter55

How can I install the server to a  different drive? Due to a poor decision the person who originally installed windows on this machine I am stuck low on C drive space. I have a lack of motivation to have to reconfigure my windows setup far to complicated a process even with ninite. The windows partition is 80GB, dispite having a 1 TB drive, and 5 external 2TB drives. <_<   Anyway the server is taking up about 12% of this drive, 9GB-10GB so far.

I figure I could save some space by turning off thumbnail extraction and saving the metadata to the mediafolders. (Though i think the meta data that was already saved wont move until the refresh the 30 day refresh happens?)

Suggestions please, Thanks.  
-mith

At this time you can't, but you could change those settings, delete the existing files and your library db, and that would do it

Just for further information.  A large part of our new MB3 model is automatic and largely un-attended updates of all of the system components.  And, in order for this to work, we have to guarantee that we have full access to the areas where the server is installed at all times.  The only way to be absolutely sure of this on all versions of Windows is to go into the user folder path.

We tried lots of different things and all of them caused problems at some point with our updates.  Since moving to this location we have not had a single issue of this kind.

So, that's just the reason why we are installed where we are and why it is not configurable at this point.