Metadata and MKV

GTiceman

GTiceman

So I recently decided to start switching to MKV from ISO and not sure if my problem is related to the similar ones others are having since the latest update but metadata is not being downloaded automatically for my movies.  I am following the naming convention set forth below, which I never followed any convention when using ISO:

"Draft Day.mkv"

"The Jungle Book (1967).mkv"

Each file is housed in it's own folder titled in a similar fashion:

"Draft Day (Bluray)"

"The Jungle Book (1967)(Bluray)"

When I added some titles via ISO, it seemed the metadata downloaded, though I cannot speak to this definitively since the update.  However an Advanced Refresh in the Metadata Manager will cause the data to be populated for the MKV files.  It does not populate cover art and background art however.  

I have not yet removed anything from the library and re-added it as I worry that it will not fully populate with over 800 movie files and the age of my server aka limited resources.  I am on MB Server 3.0.5482.1

Also, there is no option to enter External IDs which I assume is where the manual metadata option went to after the update.

Edited by GTiceman

Koleckai Silvestri

Either change (Bluray) to [bluray] or remove it from the folder name. You'll get better metadata hits when searching.

My MKV files are named:

The Jungle Book (1967)/The Jungle Book (1967).mkv 

I have nearly 100% retrieval rate on them. Have well over 800 movies in my collection. All of them are MKV files. See the page below for more information on folder and file naming for movies:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

GTiceman

Thanks for the suggestion. It is weird I never had an issue before. With the removal, cover art and backdrops are still not downloading.  I used to have almost a 100% match rate until recently. 

Edited by GTiceman