BUG: Episodes from 2015 do not sort properly by date added

jwill

Version 3.0.5485.41302 

I just noticed that something is broken with the server with respect to sorting by date added for 2015 episodes. I am on a development version of the server, but I think the problem also existed on some older versions as well (I just did not notice it until I got more TV episodes added this year, but now that I have noticed it I think I remember seeing the issue as early as last Sunday when I was still running the beta version).

The library that I am seeing the issue on is set to "TV". (this is a different library than the one that I was reporting other issues on with Unset mixed content).

I have verified that this issue occurs both in MBC (on the EHS where it shows the new episodes, supposed to be sorted by date added in descending order) and in the web client, if I view Episodes sorted by Date Added / Descending.

Specifically what I am seeing is that the 2015 Episodes appear at the beginning of the list, but they are sorted in Ascending order. Then come the 2014 Episodes which are sorted in Descending order.

Here is an example of the problem:

2015-Jan-04

2015-Jan-05

2015-Jan-06

2015-Jan-07

2014-Dec-30

2014-Dec-29

2014-Dec-28

Here is what I would expect the sort to look like:

2015-Jan-07

2015-Jan-06

2015-Jan-05

2015-Jan-04

2014-Dec-30

2014-Dec-29

2014-Dec-28

I verified that the file creation dates (technically, the last modification date, since linux does not have creation dates) are as given in the example above.

I have the Date added behavior for new content: set to "use file creation date". I used to have it set to "Use date scanned into library", but I changed it some time ago (I think it was before the holidays that I changed it). I think the issue is related to the change of year, but I mention this setting in case my memory is wrong and I changed it sometime around the end of the year. I would expect the sorting to work for items added before and after I changed the setting, so either way this seems to be an MBS bug.

Edited by jwill