User Name Change

Xzener

Xzener

Hello

Why is it that when I change the user name of the Connect user (Xzener), the name reverts back??

Xzener

Somewhere in the process of Connect, my normally used profile Jason disappeared and seemed to be replaced by my MB login name xzener. My playstates are correct which is fine... But I don't want my normal user to be xzener. I have tried changing the user name (under "User" settings in MBS) to Jason. It works for a while, but reverts back to xzener. I don't understand why I cant change it.

Xzener

Here is a pic of me logging off, and back on a couple hours later... The user name changed again?!?!

54afbe416d29b_Capture.png

I will post the log later today. I'd like to figure this one out.

You've linked that account to your account here with Connect, right?  The display probably depends on how the client is connecting - directly vs. using connect as Connect would know that user as Xzener.

Xzener

The previous login was in the parking lot at work... Obviously not local. The second, logged I to the external ip, is that not a way around connect?? Why is it changing my user name??

Just attempted to login locally... It's failing because of the name change. I can't be the only person with this issue.

Edited by Xzener

CBers

Can you not unlink MBConnect from your server?

I don't use it, so just thinking out loud.

Xzener

Was going to post a log, but from what it sounds, this is not a bug? Looks as though I have to do what CBers is doing and simply not use Connect. Thats a shame.

• Like 1

CBers

I've never used it as I have DDNS setup and all of my friends and family that would be interested, already have their own MBS setup :)

Spaceboy

Ahh I now see the point of mbconnect, it's for those that don't have DDNS! Been wondering why the fuss, but now i see

• Like 2

not just that but if you want to invite someone to your server it's so much easier when all they need is a username and password.