iOS client's don't show up in active devices in dashboard

jabbera

Longrifle

I had a topic about this already. here is how I fixed it.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

OK i finally figured it out, unfotunately I could not pin-point what setting was causing the problem.

the fix: go to your iPad or iPhone settings, General .... at the very bottom ... Reset then Reset all Settings.

this fixed the issue on both my iPad and iPhone, resetting does not erase any content but it does reset all settings to factory default, so you will have to rejoing your network etc.

now my devices show up on the server like they are supposed to.

hope this helps.

• Like 1

jabbera

Thanks for the suggestion. This is not an appealing solution for me as I can fix my devices but what about devices that I don't own?

Additionally I've never had this application installed before I made this post. Why would this be broken from day 1? Hopefully the dev can just fix it and release an update.

techywarrior

I believe the iPhone iOS app and the iPad iOS apps are actually completely separate and written by different people/groups.

Work is being done on the iOS client but I believe it is being handled by new people now so I don't know much about it. I am sure that once they are ready an announcement will be made.

Longrifle

Thanks for the suggestion. This is not an appealing solution for me as I can fix my devices but what about devices that I don't own?

Additionally I've never had this application installed before I made this post. Why would this be broken from day 1? Hopefully the dev can just fix it and release an update.

I don't think you understood my fix, it's not the app that does not work, it is some setting on the ios devices.

my son's iPad 2 has always shown up on the active device list, but for some reason my ipad and iphone would not show up until i did the reset mentioned above.

my iPad did however always show up when using safari.