No subtitles from .mkv on chromecast

wolfbuddy

wolfbuddy

I cannot get some subtitles to work from .mkv files when casting to the Chromecast, from either the web client or the Android app. Also, in the web client, the option to select the subtitles won't stick. The green tick just stays on 'off'. 

54ada11b3a9fb_nosubs.jpg

It works fine if I play the same sample videos in the web browser itself, so it is only when casting to chromecast that it fails to show them. 

It is possible to force them on with the option in my preferences to always load all subs, but I then have no control over turning them off while the video is playing.

Also, if the subs files is not marked with the .eng language mark they do not play at all on any device, even though the player's settings has the green tick next to the sub stream. This is particularly a pain because I have some .mkv files with subs embedded in them that MB recognises as of unknown language.

Server version  3.0.5464.40000. Do you need a log file for a bug like this?

wolfbuddy

Just to add to this, I can't get internal, default and forced subs to work at all on any client. Only external or internal and not default will work.

Is there work in progress to tackle the robustness of subtitles in MB?