Is SQLite installed with MB3 / MBC

Tolerant

Tolerant

Is SQLite installed with MB3 Server or MBClassic for Windows? I ask because my MBC (WMC) is not updating what is/isn't watched / new, etc.. Unless I restart MBC and I fairly recently uninstalled SQLite. So I wonder if that is the problem. -- If it isn't, anything come to mind to check?

I run release versions of both MB3 Server and MBClassic for windows.  Thanks.

Yes, both of them install a version of SQLite but they reference those actual versions.  Also, that wouldn't affect any kind of watched status.

We'd more specific information on exactly what is happening to try and diagnose.

Tolerant

Would SQLite have an entry in Add / Remove Programs or should I not expect to see it there?  I ask because after re-running the install I still have no SQLite listed and wonder if what I removed was left over from some other program.

Tolerant

Can you take a look at the server logs and suggest the next course of action to resolve the errors as well as fixing the "watched" / update status of MBC? Thanks..

Edited to supply more current logfile created from a fresh server restart.

server-63556399704.txt

Edited by Tolerant

I didn't see any playback in that server log but it might be easier to see what is going on with an MBC log.

The setting of watched/resume status on the server end should actually be working I think.  That is, if you play this thing and then exit MBC and come back in the watched status or resume point should be correct.  Can you test that?

The problem appears to be in the logic that is trying to find all occurrences of this item currently open in MBC to update the status in real time.  I'm guessing you've got some either mis-identified or un-identified loose videos or something that are throwing MBC for a loop.

Tolerant

If I play a movie from MB3-Server (Firefox) to my MBClassic, either finishing or stopping halfway, MBC does not show the movie as played/partially played etc, unless I exit MBC and restart it. <-- Sounds like that is what you are asking?

The server in Firefox keeps track of what is played, resumable, etc. without problems. I did have 1 movie that was unable to be found at the listed path because it was part of a collection, but after removing that collection and re-adding the movie and collection that error went away.

This happens with all movies or shows that I watch, so I can't believe that they are un-identified. All metadata is fetched with MCM first, then MB3-Server updates every 15 minutes and adds them to it's database.

If I play a movie from MB3-Server (Firefox) to my MBClassic, either finishing or stopping halfway, MBC does not show the movie as played/partially played etc, unless I exit MBC and restart it.

Correct.  The functionality is actually working it is just the real time update of it inside of MBC that is having trouble due to something unusual in your setup.  This should be resolved in the next release of MBC.

Tolerant

If you are willing to try the dev version of MBC, you can confirm whether or not this is fixed.

Ok.. changed to DEV level updates and it still is telling me that MBC Is up to date.. so it won't update from release to DEV atm.

EDIT: Ok, I had to force the download so I changed the download path from \beta\ to \dev\ and got the latest Dev copy of MBC and still using Release version of MB3-Server.. Giving it a try.

Just finished a movie I started from MB-Server (FireFox) played to my MB-Classic on my second monitor, and it still shows in my MBC's "last added unplayed" view for my "Movies". Apparently this did not fix the issue. In the past, finishing a show or movie would remove it from that view and MBC would consider it "played".

Even if I go 'into' a media folder on MBC, such as "Movies" , "TV", or "Collections", and back out to the main screen, it is still listed in the "last added unplayed" view.

If I change from "unplayed" to "last added" then back to "unplayed" it removed what was not being updated, so it no longer displays in MBC as unplayed.

server-63556534782.txt

MBClassic-111201556d0b981cfa847e4a6153bd1eeaae052.log

Edited Edit: After trying another movie, it seems like it did remove it from the "unplayed" list in MBC. So I cannot verify whether or not it is or isn't fully working with the DEV version. :(

Edited by Tolerant

Tolerant

Your log file has no line breaks in it again.

Well I didn't edit the logfile.. so not sure what to make of that comment. I am guessing you mean in the MBC log, and yes I noticed that as well. Both logs are showing a few errors however.

I did turn off DLNA debugging (in the server config) earlier.. and also noticed some DNLA stuff was still showing DEBUG.

Edited by Tolerant

Sorry, someone recently posted a log file with all the line breaks stripped out of it so I thought that was you as well.  The other person was able to correct it.  It may have something to do with how the file is being attached.  Perhaps you could put it on paste.org instead?

Tolerant

Sorry, someone recently posted a log file with all the line breaks stripped out of it so I thought that was you as well.  The other person was able to correct it.  It may have something to do with how the file is being attached.  Perhaps you could put it on paste.org instead?

It has nothing to do with how it is attached because I checked it locally and it is missing the line feeds as well. It is only the MBC log which would lead me to guess that someone forgot / removed line feeds in the log file. I will try some different log options and see if that changes it at all.

Edit: Well someone removed the logging options from the config for MBC, so I cannot change that level of logging anymore. :(

Edited by Tolerant

Oh, wait, it isn't that line feeds are missing - it is that you set your logging level to only errors.

Well, while I cannot confirm any context due to this, I do see that the errors you were getting before are gone.  All the ones reported in there are innocuous and not related to your issue (which you actually said is probably solved anyway).

Tolerant

Oh, wait, it isn't that line feeds are missing - it is that you set your logging level to only errors.

Well, while I cannot confirm any context due to this, I do see that the errors you were getting before are gone.  All the ones reported in there are innocuous and not related to your issue (which you actually said is probably solved anyway).

I tried 2 more movies/shows, and they did not get removed, so nope.. it is not fixed. And yes, I did change it to errors only before I upgraded to the DEV, not realizing that there was no more option to set the debug level in DEV.

Even though I set it to Errors only, in theory it should still be adding line feeds even when set to Errors only. That should be a simple edit for you coders.

Is there a way to reset the level of logging or would I have to uninstall and reinstall, change it to full debug and then reinstall the DEV version again?! Ugg!

Edited by Tolerant

Okay, instead of looking at the recent lists, what happens with the actual item detail screen?

Does the resume button show up or does it get marked as watched when you stop it?

Tolerant

Ok example:

From MB3-Server (in FireFox) on Monitor 1, I start playing a "MOVIE TITLE", watch 20 Mins of it and stop it.

Within MB3-Classic (in WMC) on Monitor 2, I change from the EHS "UNPLAYED" list to the "DETAIL" View of "MOVIE TITLE" by left clicking the movie.

-- At this point, there is No Resume button visible in the details page, as there should be in MB3-Classic. And if I click the > Play button, it starts over at the beginning.

If I watch the entire movie and I end it (by stopping it in MB3-Classic), MB3-Classic returns to the  EHS "UNPLAYED" screen, but MB3-Classic does not "remove" the movie UNLESS I then change from "UNPLAYED" to another View like "ADDED" and back to "UNPLAYED". -- At that point, the movie is removed and considered "PLAYED" in MB3-Classic.

Okay, that is a completely different situation than what we originally started with.

MBC, once it is up, is not going to react to the fact that you partially played something in another client.  It has never done that at that level.  It would only see that if it wasn't running yet at the time or you re-started it.

Tolerant

Ok, I completely uninstalled MBC because I could not get back to a version of it with the debug settings. I am now set to DEBUG in MBC with the DEV version 249.

NOW it IS showing the resume status once I go into the details after partly playing a movie. And I am not playing IN the Web Client, I am playing FROM the Web Client TO MBC.

What is not happening that I did expect and could swear used to happen, is when the movie finishes playing IN MBC (Started from Web Client Server), it does not remove the movie from the "UNPLAYED" EHS in MBC.

As for this being a different problem with it not showing the resume status, it clearly is NOW after a fresh install of MBC, but that wasn't my main issue, you brought that one up. My main and original problem was that movies were not updating that they were watched fully in MBC when they finished playing in MBC after I start them FROM MBS TO MBC. -- And that is still an ongoing issue unless I actually change the view on the EHS for example.

These two logs have all debugging on and I played, resumed, finished etc. a movie from MBS Web Client TO MBC in WMC. Hopefully they and the clean install of MBC will help.

MBClassic-1112015c80b41bcf9124a1c8bbfb226f6a3cc00.log

server-63556574577.txt

Edited by Tolerant

The recent lists don't update on purpose right away because, if you played something from one of those lists and then it went away when you were finished you'd have nowhere to go back to and that would be a little dis-concerting.  That's pretty much how it has always been.

The disconnect I think we were having is the fact that the existence in that recent list was what you were keying off of as far as something being "marked watched" when I was only thinking about the check mark or resume function appearing on the other views.