"No Items" displayed when going into a media folder

davesurfer
Go to solution Solved by davesurfer,

davesurfer

So I have 2 users setup up, one is my HTPC user for regular content, another is my Adult user for adult content. All of a sudden, now when I log into the adult user and open any folder it says "No items". I've removed the media location and re-added it and scanned the library. I've confirmed that I can navigate to the network share and see and play the videos from the computer. What could've gone wrong? Thanks! :)

Is the user allowed certain rated content in the server ?

Check this against the metadata in metadata manager...

If I put content in for my daughter that isn't rated/has no metadata it never shows until I rate it properly or metadata provides the rating...

Back up and use the web client.  More than likely this is server related.

Are you on the new beta?

davesurfer

Back up and use the web client.  More than likely this is server related.

Are you on the new beta?

Server version is: 3.0.5464.40000

No still doesn't show any content on the web client:

54adc6dcbbb85_Clip_18.jpg

davesurfer

Is the user allowed certain rated content in the server ?

Check this against the metadata in metadata manager...

If I put content in for my daughter that isn't rated/has no metadata it never shows until I rate it properly or metadata provides the rating...

But it all showed up for the Adult user before, it just stopped working

Check if a server update has for reasons unknown changed your parental ratings settings for that user...

In server>users

Click the user

Go to parental control

Check maximum allowed rating

davesurfer

Check if a server update has for reasons unknown changed your parental ratings settings for that user...

In server>users

Click the user

Go to parental control

Check maximum allowed rating

The maximum allowed rating is blank. So that should work right?

And what does the content of that folder look like?  Does it follow our documented naming conventions?  What is the type of the media folder that you defined?

davesurfer

And what does the content of that folder look like?  Does it follow our documented naming conventions?  What is the type of the media folder that you defined?

For example, the Misc Videos folder will have a pile of .mkv videos inside it, just various names (no 01, 02 etc. or anything) other folders do as well. They displayed perfectly before with no issues, what has changed? The type of media folder is "Mixed movies & tv"

Edited by davesurfer

I'm having a similar problem - some of my adult videos got picked up as TV by MB and I can't figure out why. It's only some of mine though, where it sounds like it is all of yours. I have not been able to figure out any differences between the ones it recognized as TV versus the ones that remained unchanged. I updated to the latest dev build and I still have the same issue.

davesurfer

Try updating to the latest beta.

I just went to the download page, looks like the beta and official release is one and the same? Same version?

54b06af7116df_Clip_20.jpg

I just went to the download page, looks like the beta and official release is one and the same? Same version?

54b06af7116df_Clip_20.jpg

you need to update the server, not MBC

yes it's normal. beta comes out, stable catches up shortly after. then a new cycle begins, new beta, etc.

davesurfer

Can you please post a screen shot of explorer open to one of the folders with the problem?

this for me or TP56 guy?

davesurfer

Try updating to the latest beta.

Updated to Version 3.0.5482.3 beta, still same problem. Still shows "No Items" for every folder. I just don't understand what could've changed?

• Solution
davesurfer

Updated to Version 3.0.5482.3 beta, still same problem. Still shows "No Items" for every folder. I just don't understand what could've changed?

So I fixed it, I removed the entire media folder from the Media Library on the server and re-added it. Then all the content re-appeared. Phew!