Coverart not using Metadata value for treatment

tmb4016
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

tmb4016

Hi, I am struggling to get coverart to use the Treat image as value under the display settings for an an item. I have a WMV file that is identified as VC1 by coverart and by default uses the Blu-ray treatment. I've tried a couple of things one is in specific covers I've got WMV set to always use the WMV cover but that does not work and also tried to set Treat Image as value for that specific item as WMV but again no joy.

Any suggestions ?

• Like 1

CoverArt treats the contents as more important than the container on video files and, right now, it assumes VC-1 is a BD.  While that isn't entirely correct, it is most of the time.

The only valid values in Treat Image As right now are "Blu-Ray", "DVD" and "HD-DVD".  I can look at expanding the valid values for that manual field.

• Like 1

tmb4016

Hi ebr, ok great thanks for the information. That explains it. Once again thanks for you help and input - it would be good to have an expanded list for the manual field.

JohnnyM

I am having the same issues. I have AVI, MKV and VOB files. The VOB files are treated as DVD's. The AVI and MKV are treated as H264.

I have put in Specific Covers where AVI are set to AVI and MKV are set to MKV. The metadata shows that this should occur but I get H264.

Are you saying that specific cover section does not work except for the 3 items you mentions and none of the others

JohnnyM

Are you saying that specific cover section does not work except for the 3 items you mentions and none of the others

No, I'm saying "Treat Image As" only accepts those values right now but that will be changing in an upcoming release.  You can map anything available in the list to any other thing available in the other list with specific covers.  However, there is no point in setting "AVI" to "AVI".  As I said before, CA is going to use the contents instead of the container if it can determine what those contents are.

With the changes I will put in, though, you will be able to force individual items to use the container instead of the contents - but you'll have to set this on each item.  VOB files will continue to be treated as DVD though.  There is no VOB style (as that is used in DVDs).

• Solution

Okay, I'm actually going to go one step further to try and make this easier for those of you who would rather see the container than the codec.  You can still override with any valid container (mkv, avi, wmv, etc.) in the Treat Image As field, but you can also set an option on the profile to use the container type instead of the codec for all items within that profile.

54ad545fd7e33_cacontainer.png

This should hopefully cover all the situations without being too complex.

• Like 2

tmb4016

Sounds great to me. Thanks

Just updated and it has sorted my issues. Thanks again for quick response.

Edited by tmb4016

• 2 weeks later...
dansblackcat

I have "Cover by Definition" checked but now when I add a new movie I'm seeing AVI,MKV etc covers instead of the HD/SD that I used to get.

Has something changed?

I have "Cover by Definition" checked but now when I add a new movie I'm seeing AVI,MKV etc covers instead of the HD/SD that I used to get.

Has something changed?

Do these items have a value in the "Treat Image As" field?

dansblackcat

Do these items have a value in the "Treat Image As" field?

Yes they do, AVI or MKV.  If I delete this field and click save it will display the correct HD cover.

I also noticed that if I choose a different cover for an existing movie it will also now show it as an AVI etc even if the old cover was correct and HD.

Here's one I just changed-

2015-01-21 07:51:17.5953 Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt will treat \\DANS-PC\Movies\That Awkward Moment\folder.jpg2015-01-21 07:51:17.5953 Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt using profile default for That Awkward Moment2015-01-21 07:51:17.5953 Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt using frame type AVI from image set Case for That Awkward Moment
Edited by dansblackcat

The point of that field is for the user to have the ability to override and force a specific cover type on that item.  So, I think the way it is working now is probably correct.  If I allow the HD/SD to override the user value then there will be no way to override.  But leaving it as it is now allows you to have HD/SD or a specific one you enter.

dansblackcat

I have "Use container instead of codec" Unchecked so shouldn't the field be left blank?  

Also shouldn't I see H-264 etc covers rather than MKV etc if the 'use container' option is off?

Edited by dansblackcat

I have "Use container instead of codec" Unchecked so shouldn't the field be left blank?  

Also shouldn't I see H-264 etc covers rather than MKV etc if the 'use container' option is off?

That field is user-entered.  So if it has a value in it, that's what CA will use.

dansblackcat

It turns out that Metabrowser was populating that field.  I've turned it off so it wont happen again.

All sorted, thanks.

How come only newly added titles are getting the container covers applied?  Will there be a point when CA will change all my other covers as they will all have something entered in the field?