How to force LAN

rainio

Hello,

I've searched around but haven't found an answer to this.

When at home, can we force the android client to use the wireless home LAN rather than the internet

(the media server is on a home server that is simultaneously running a torrent client, so I'd prefer to restrict hte use of the internet upstream bandwidth to that)?

Thanks.

Edited by rainio

it should be by default. it tests the lan url before the wan url. if it's not working try connecting manually using the lan ip, it should then get remembered as the first address to try when connecting to that server. we will look at it for future releases to make sure this is handled automatically (should already be but there might be a condition in which it doesn't happen that way).

ab123ga

My issue is similar but a bit different I guess. I first noticed this when i installed a new version of android. I have two network interface cards; one ethernet (preferred) and a wireless I use for other purposes. MB Connect shows both the preferred URL and the wireless IP address. When I attempt to connect is says server unreachable. Note that the wireless IP address is above the preferred URL on the screen. I can reach the server if I do either of the following:

1) I jump on the wireless network. I can connect to the media /w no issue. 

2) Connect via the old method (enter URL and port). 

The computer is set to only route specific traffic through the wireless port. All other traffic through the ethernet then out to the internet. 

Is there a way to have the MB server to only advertise 1 address?

ab123ga

I have the DDNS field correctly set. I just ran an additional test by uninstalling and reinstalling the software and it seems to be working correctly now. When you enter the MB connect id/password it shows my MB server. It then shows two http: connections (one being the wireless IP the other being the DDNS URL). 

Unsure why it is all working now but it is. I changed nothing. 

Thanks for your help.