Awesome program, be nice if it worked.

SDHoover

SDHoover

I've been using this program for about two years now, When I first found it, I loved it. It has a great user interface. Now I'm wishing I never wasted my time on it. It'll work great one day, Then I'll have a date or some friends over to watch a movie. and My xbox wont detect the server, I try the xbox one and it will see the server so I try to watch a movie and it stops half way through. then I got to restart my server and the xbox trying to watch a movie. I've been unable to watch or use the media browser theater for a couple months now on multiple computers. This is the same computer that the server is on. and for some reason it's now requiring me to log in when the server is on the same pc. I get a login failure every time I try to log in and I dont recall ever setting up any email/ username to use my server on a local network. but this same issue is happening on multiple devices with different operating systems. Until I downloaded the free app on my adroid which allowed me to log in and seems to work fine on it as far as browsing my selection. but I wanna watch it on my pc or stream to my tv, not on my phone. I've uninstalled and installed multiple times using different versions (including beta), used different PC's as my server I've uninstalled and installed, disabled, various firewall software to see if any firewall or AV was causing the issue, Same thing happens with wired and wireless devices. I've put my server on a DMZ, and tried to just open all ports relative to media browser to clarify it wasn't any port issue. I've used different routers and frankly I'm tired of wasting my time trying to get this program to work. It would be different if I could actually get some type of support, a phone or chat option. anything besides forum topics or emails where I got to wait a undertimined ammount of time just to get more questions and wait for another response. I'm too busy for that and by time I get a response I'll have too much going on and any emails will get lost and my issue will go on. Now that I read what I wrote, I'm through with this program. I'd love to spend the time troubleshooting and get it to function like it is expected too, but I've lost confidenct, I know if I got it to work today, tomorrow when I go to watch a movie or show I'll have to go through it all again. 

post-7007-0-54806300-1420629719_thumb.jpg

swhitmore

Since this is your first post, I'm very surprised that your complaining about a lack of support, when you haven't even asked for any. The login issues are most likely due to the addition of Media Browser Connect. You can setup MB Connect to use your forum login details to connect to your sever. This needs to be setup in your dashboard.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 2

Maleficarum

I'm tired of wasting my time trying to get this program to work. It would be different if I could actually get some type of support, a phone or chat option. anything besides forum topics or emails where I got to wait a undertimined ammount of time just to get more questions and wait for another response. I'm too busy for that and by time I get a response I'll have too much going on and any emails will get lost and my issue will go on.

Any questions asked here are answered as quickly as possible. No one here is paid to support this product which is created and supported in spare time. This is why you won't find a phone support option. There is a chat option in the top bar which you are free to use however, getting support there is subject to members currently in chat at that time and their knowledge of the product.

Everyone here tries their best to help wherever possible, you only have to ask.

Edited by Maleficarum
  • Like 1