Tutorial on how to configure a profile?

somy

Hi,

Is there a tutorial showing how to configure a DLNA profile? I tried WIKI but couldn't find anything.

I have two players on my iPad and iPhone which supports DLNA, but I couldn't get them to work.

What I want to achieve is to transcode anything comes with DTS audio track and left the rest untouched.

I tried the default profile and get the following result:

• In Infuse player it can see the content but when I play a video it show the error msg cannot load video
  • In nplayer I cannot even see MB DLNA server, I don't know if it's because I have Plex running in parallel, but Plex works well (except the transcoding part)

Any suggestion on how to create the profile?

Thank you in advance!

we are working on getting that part of the wiki complete

Hi Luke, that sounds great!

I tried to setup a profile based on the default profile and I only changed the transcoding setting for videos from ts container to mp4, but the change doesn't seem to apply as I still see all my files ends with ".ts" in my player.

Tried to restart the server and scan the lib without luck, any suggestion?

Happy2Play

Unfortunately the default profile appears to be the only profile that isn't picked up when it is made custom.  You will need to add information to the Identification section.  What device is the profile for?

54aef4094907d_Capture.png

Unfortunately the default profile appears to be the only profile that isn't picked up when it is made custom.  You will need to add information to the Identification section.  What device is the profile for?

54aef4094907d_Capture.png

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it explains why I always see ts for videos requires transcoding! 

I want to setup a profile for iOS DLNA players such as Infuse player and nPlayer.

MB is not discovered by nPlayer at all, and Infuse player can find the MB and videos but cannot play any content other than mp4 and avi (those two are direct play in default profile). I thought it was probably because the player doesn't support ts stream well and wanted to try mp4 instead.

Any suggestion on what to do? 

I tried the tutorial above but couldn't get MB to pickup the right profile. It could also be the player doesn't support TS, thanks for the help anyways!