Some .mkv files won't resume

davesurfer

davesurfer

I know other person was asking about this but the conversation turned into something different then what I'm experiencing. I'm finding that a few of my .mkv files won't resume. Basically all of my Star Trek DS9 and TNG episodes do not resume, and also I'd say about 20% of my movies don't either. Also, not sure if it's related, but these are the exact same ones (DS9 & TNG) that aren't marked as played when played, so I have to mark them manually. Thanks for any help!

This is going to have to do with the metadata and media info we have for these items.  Please use the web client to confirm we have valid durations and other media info for them.

davesurfer

This is going to have to do with the metadata and media info we have for these items.  Please use the web client to confirm we have valid durations and other media info for them.

So I logged on to the web client and it looks like it shows the right runtimes and stuff, is this what you were looking for?

54ad68fc4ee57_Clip_16.jpg

tornadotj

Hit play, then hit pause, and see if the length on the playback bar shows a total movie length of 0:00 at the right side. That's the problem I'm having.

davesurfer

Hit play, then hit pause, and see if the length on the playback bar shows a total movie length of 0:00 at the right side. That's the problem I'm having.

No mine shows the total length:

54ad6c9e36c46_Clip_17.jpg

davesurfer

Are you playing it beyond the minimum resume percentage setting?

Oh yes, it's always usually a quarter or half-ways watched.

davesurfer

Oh yes, it's always usually a quarter or half-ways watched.

Anyone have any tips as to why this is happening? Or is this a codec related issue?

AdrianW

Just chiming in to say that the same thing happens to me, well, my wife actually. She gets quite upset when MB forgets where she's up to in an episode.

It happens with some mp4 files on MBC. They've all got durations. And I've seen it happen even when the web client front page has been successfully showing the green progress bar on the episode she's watching.

Just chiming in to say that the same thing happens to me, well, my wife actually. She gets quite upset when MB forgets where she's up to in an episode.

It happens with some mp4 files on MBC. They've all got durations. And I've seen it happen even when the web client front page has been successfully showing the green progress bar on the episode she's watching.

Is this right after watching the item or after coming back a day or so later?

AdrianW

Is this right after watching the item or after coming back a day or so later?

Right away. Sometimes she takes a break from watching an episode for say 10 minutes. She usually backs out to the episode screen and sometimes no "resume" button appears. Even backing out to the episode list and going back to the episode doesn't make it appear.

This maybe happens say 15% of the time.

Note: I have MBC configured to use MPC-HC as an external player - so communication with MPC may have something to do with it. Although, like I said earlier, I've seen the progress bar on MBS homepage update correctly.

Edited by AdrianW

davesurfer

No, I don't use MPC as an external player, I play all of my stuff inside MBC. And it happens right away. If I stop a show, then try and resume there is no resume button. For some reason it's usually with a whole bundle of episodes together. Like I explained previously, it seems all of my Star Trek DS9, TNG and Voyager .mkv files cannot be resumed at all.

AdrianW

Okay, then more than likely, that is something I've addressed in the current dev release.

I'm already on the latest dev release (249).