Media Browser Classic Login in Black?

newfiend
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

newfiend

I have my HTPC (Windows 7) up and running fine. Latest Server build and MB Classic installed. I also have MB Classic installed on my Windows 8.1 PC with WMC.

If I launch MB Classic on the Windows 7 machine and open WMC > Media Browser I get the User Logon Screen as that is how I have it set up to keep my kids from the rated R movies.

The background color behind the logon Icons and Names is White.

If I launch WMC on the Windows 8.1 Machine and Open MB Classic I get the User Logon Screen but the background is Black behind the Icons..

I checked all my settings for Chocolate (current theme on both machines) and all the options are selected exactly the same.

I actually prefer the black background behind the Icons and was wondering why it's black on one machine and white on another? And if there could be an option added to Chocolate to select the background color for the user Logon screen so Black could be an option if desired? (IMO I think it looks better).

I'll attach a screenshot for reference...

Thanks.

newfiend~

post-444-0-04131000-1420595780_thumb.png

• Solution

When you are at the login screen you are not in any particular theme because those are based on user preferences.

Look in your common config file (under %appdata%) and you will find an option to change the login background.

• Like 1

newfiend

Thanks Ebr!! Found the file and changed background to black.. looks much better and the tile icons stand out a bit better against the darker backdrop. Appreciate your help Thank You.

newfiend