-------- Season 2

---- Star Trek

-------- Deep Space Nine

------------- Season 1

------------- Season 2

-------- TNG

------------- Season 1

------------- Season 2

You'll notice that "Star trek" is 3 folders deep rather than 2 like "arrow".

Previous to this update and Dev all was fine, however anything with 3 folder, the seasons are now combining.

So when I look under meta editor or within the client I get a list of 172 episodes rather than them being split by Season (like normally happens)

Logos302

The dev build has removed some folder typs (Mixed folder).  I think you have to change the star trek folder in the media editor to unassigned or something like that.  I'm not running the dev build so I don't have it in front of me.  This should then allow the deep space nine to detect properly.  

edit : http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16401-strange-behaviour-of-certain-media-folders/ explains it a little better.

Edited by Logos302

in the latest build, you can achieve what you want to do, but you need to go to the metadata manager to the "Star Trek" folder and change the content type from inherit to TV. Then the Star Trek node becomes a new tv series container, with series underneath it. New features have made it very difficult to auto-detect this without false positives, therefore the series folders either need to be right under the root or you need to use the content type override.