MBC crashes when only a single TV series with a single episode is present

wealas

Hi,

I'm using the latest MBC in WMC for Win 8.1.

I'm also using different users for watching movies, tv and listen to radio.

Each user is setup to automatically open single items and I have entry points for each user in WMC.

All 3 shortcuts were working fine last night but I deleted the episodes that I watched and now when I attempt to start MBC with the tv user I get an Invalid Application error in WMC.

The movies and radio users work just fine.

The MBC logs do not have any errors, just normal looking Debug and Info messages.

I suspect the issue is related to the fact that there is only 1 tv series left with 1 episode and MBC is trying to go directly into that episode.

I can see a null pointer exception in the WMC event log about getting a backdrop from Chocolate. 

The only episode that is left does have a backdrop image present.

Attached are the MBC log and the WMC event log.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

mbc-log.txt

event-log.txt

Edited by wealas

Your log file is impossible to read because all of the line breaks have been removed from it.  Is it possible for you to rectify that?

But, I will say that the direct entry method you are using is not officially supported.  I'm not sure exactly how it is accomplishing what it is.

I've re-attached the files.

The error occurs even when I start MBC directly from the desktop icon or start from another user and then switch to the TV user.

I'm using the "auto enter single folder items" option which, I guess, causes MBC to go directly to the episode in this case.

Thanks for looking at this!

Edited by wealas

Simply adding another episode fixes the problem without touching anything in MBC or MBS so it seems there is something related directly to using the "auto enter single folder items" feature when there is only 1 episode available in the system and no other media.

Thanks.  The next dev release of MBC will have a change that may fix this.  If not, I'm not sure what to do as it is related to the attempt to navigate directly to a detail page without any other context ever occurring.

I think my change has about a 70% chance of success though :).