Force default views

tornadotj

tornadotj

Is there a way to force a view for all libraries and all clients through MB Server? 

Here's my situation. I don't like Coverflow view. I like List view. With several clients around the house, and then each library having its own configuration, I'd like a way to globally force List on all devices and folders. Currently it is a big job to set them all up.

And sure, maybe going around and configuring them all isn't a HUGE job, but then record a new TV show and that new series gets its own settings again, which is wrong on all clients again. So unfortunately, it isn't a "do it once and it is fixed" thing.

And sure, maybe going around and configuring them all isn't a HUGE job, but then record a new TV show and that new series gets its own settings again, which is wrong on all clients again. So unfortunately, it isn't a "do it once and it is fixed" thing.

That is not correct if you are talking about MBC (which it appears you are).  All TV shows share the same display settings - even new ones.  If this isn't happening for you then your items aren't being recognized properly as TV.

tornadotj

There must be some global setting I don't know about. I had the same issue in MB2. 

Keep in mind, I'm talking about ALL libraries. And I do have them configured properly. I was just using the Recorded TV as an example.

Edited by tornadotj