TV Folders Completely Broken

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

Ok, so after reading here I found that the team has changed how mixed content was handled so I'm trying to adapt my settings to work with the new methodology but am running into a brick wall...Let me explain...

My Library overall is very basic folders are as follows

Movies

Concerts & Music

Demo's and Calibration

TV

TV Series

Series Name

Season

TV Specials

Originally I had the TV folder set for mixed content as specials are read as movies, and well series are TV Series.  At any rate this all broke so after reading about the changes I removed the TV folder from the library and then added to the Series and Specials folders seperately.  Specials is working fine.  But TV now refuses to even show content let alone find metadata etc.  I went so far as to remove all xml/nfo, etc from the series folder structure in hopes that this would force a refresh of metadata but alas it has not.  I've removed all folders from the Series folder and re-added hoping to force a refresh still nothing.  No matter what I do I can no longer get MB to recognize anything TV related.

Edited by JeremyFr79

Beardyname

If i understand correctly you added a media folder called TV series with the content type set to tv? and now tv is failing to recognize shows etc?

if yes could you provide a naming example so we can see why it's failing.

and if no that's how you are supposed to do it, If you wish you can also add the TV folder as unset and then go to the media-editor and set "Content type" for your TV Series folder and for your TV Specials folder set it to movies.

JeremyFr79

If i understand correctly you added a media folder called TV series with the content type set to tv? and now tv is failing to recognize shows etc?

if yes could you provide a naming example so we can see why it's failing.

and if no that's how you are supposed to do it, If you wish you can also add the TV folder as unset and then go to the media-editor and set "Content type" for your TV Series folder and for your TV Specials folder set it to movies.

Yes this is correct since it broke with the 2 combined under TV (originally it was set as mixed content which was working fine)  But due to the change I removed the TV folder from my libary and added to the 2 sub-folders seperately.  So now the TV Series folder is a main library folder with type set for TV.

The folder structure is as follows

TV Series (main folder containing all Series subfolders named for shows they contain)

Series (Series Name)

Season

JeremyFr79

so for instance a path to an episode would be as follows

TV Series\Scrubs\Season 1\S01E01-Pilot.mkv

Beardyname

hmm, have you tried a full refresh after this?

(metadata-editor --> TV Series --> advanced full refresh)

Since there is no reason that this should not work

JeremyFr79

hmm, have you tried a full refresh after this?

(metadata-editor --> TV Series --> advanced full refresh)

Since there is no reason that this should not work

Yup, I even went so far as to remove all the folders/data from the TV Series folder and copy them back 1 at a time to try to initiate the auto add, it doesn't do a thing.  I can refresh, do a media scan etc and it just shows I have no shows.

Edited by JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

Ok I got it figured out, I was incorrect in what I posted.  My Folder structure was TV\Series\Series Name\Season, apparently it doesn't like the parent folder being named "series" I changed it to "shows" removed and re-added to library and now it's working fine.

Beardyname

it should have worked even if the top folder was named series, odd :P

well hey at least you are back up and running!

*edit*

oh wait did you mean you had the folder set to 2 above scrubs for example?

medialibrary-->series-->scrubs

and you added medialibrary in this case?

Edited by Beardyname

JeremyFr79

it should have worked even if the top folder was named series, odd :P

well hey at least you are back up and running!

*edit*

oh wait did you mean you had the folder set to 2 above scrubs for example?

medialibrary-->series-->scrubs

and you added medialibrary in this case?

No I had it set for 1 above i.e. Series--->Scrubs.

The name didn't matter.  It was the fact that you re added it with a different name that caused it to start fresh.

You can try updating to the latest dev server as well which should handle this situation a little bit better.