Over night I have a new environment that is disappointing

tobias-tobin

tobias-tobin

I went to watch shows last night as usual and when I opened MBC (and I am using my profile) everything is different.  I have specific settings in CoverArt how to treat my covers and those are gone.  I just have regular flat images. 

My shows are no longer ordered properly.  If I open a season, they are alphabetical.

My views are all changed and it seems like when I reset them, they go back to not what I selected.

All of my watched status is gone.

Can anyone suggest how to get my environment back?  The only change I made recently was I added another client system in my house.  I have the server/client upstairs and two additional client systems (PCs) that I have been running for a couple years.  I added another PC in another room this weekend.  I didn't go in and change anything though.  And after I added it I did not see any difference upstairs.  It was not until last night, which was two days after adding the system that my settings and status are all gone.  Movies still have the correct CoverArt, but no one of the TV series, Seasons, or episodes.  And I don't understand why when I change the views back to what I like, the next time I go in, they are not correct.  And a series that I changed the sort order on to release date is now back to name.  And losing my watched status is a big bummer.

I don't know what has happened.  Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.

tobias.

Beardyname

sounds like all of your media is not identified? Since i have never experienced watch-status disappearing even when i removed my library and added it back.

it could happen if the server does not recognize the content you have and therefore have no information regarding the watch status.

if you have the logs for when MBS went wacko you could try attaching them here and see if anyone could figure this out.

Yep sounds like a mixed content setup.

Be sure the content type of your Media Folders is set to what they really are.  A "TV" type needs to either be an actual TV series folder or a direct parent of one.  Any folder above that should be "Unset".

So we have to blow out our current library to make this change?  Is this going to affect watched status?  Mine is messed up too.

Also, another beta will be coming later today that should make this transition a little better in some situations.

tobias-tobin

Thank you for all of the responses.  I just remoted in and my movies and tv where unset types.  So I removed them and re-added them with the correct types.  For some reason music was set properly.

Is this because of a recent change to the software?  

Thanks again all!

The library scan is running now but hopefully this will do it.

tobias.