Accessing Library

geoff

Hi

Have just installed the server on my PC. Having difficulty in identifying the path to my library which is on a attached USB harddrive on my Minix .Have tried to enter the path as \\ip address\storage\external_storage\sda1 but get the message that there is no media.

Doing something wrong.!

Geoff

Version 3.0.5464.40000

android.png

MINIX NEO-X8-H

Have just installed the server on my PC. Having difficulty in identifying the path to my library which is on a attached USB hard drive on my Android Minix ( the server does not automatically find the media) 

.Have tried to enter select media path as \\ip address\storage\external_storage\sda1 but get the message that the network path was not found

The Minix can see the server and the server can see the Minix.

Doing something wrong.!

Still looking for a solution.

Have tried Filezilla in an attempt to share the files on the Minix, no luck.I could see some of the files but not the storage.

Tried WINSCP and that was able to see all the files, strange.

I could identify  the path but Media Browser still could not find the storage.

Where to now?

MrFlibbles

You are still not really providing a complete picture sorry geoff. The image you provided is not working for me, but I'm assuming the Minix is an android device?

In order to get the path to your library, you will need to share the folder on the Minix via a method windows can see. SMB is the normal way to achieve this. Browsing via WinSCP only proves you can connect to the FTP/SFTP server on the Minix and browse. Mediabrowser server on your PC will not attempt to connect via FTP.

Once you can share the folder with the media and access it from your PC using \\ip address\sharename then you'll be on the right path to add that detail into the mediabrowser server media folders.

As Vidman suggests above, attaching the drive to your PC would certainly work. You will need to ensure that it is also shared and perhaps look at using path substitution on the server side to ensure all clients access the files via the UNC path.

• Like 1

markkingffw

I have an external usb hard drive attched to my pc which had the latest server software. I can find the first part. (f:) but NOT the second part. (G:) whats going on and how to I solve this.

Thanks

Markkingffw

MrFlibbles

Mark, you have not provided enough information or context on your issue sorry. Without further info, no-one will be able to assist sorry.

What do you mean you can "find the first part. (f:) but NOT the second part. (G:)"? External drives normally only have 1 drive letter as there is one partition on it. Where can't you find it?

Trying to set up a SMB share with the Android and my Windows 8.1 Laptop. Have been able to access the Minix from the laptop and from the Minix to the laptop.

However still not been able to access the storage on the Minix from Media Browser.Still getting path not found.

I have the Minix with Kodi installed connected to the TV and can download content directly to the attached storage.

"getting path not found"  Where...?

The path to the USB storage attached to the Minix. //ipaddress for Minix/storage/external_storgae/sda1

Beardyname

Does android come with an built in SAMBA server? (yes i know it's not called that anymore) Otherwise I would look around for a way to share it using samba.

"getting path not found"  Where...?

The path to the USB storage attached to the Minix. //ipaddress for Minix/storage/external_storgae/sda1

No... where are you getting that message?  What are you doing when you get the message and where does the message come from.

This is where screen shots would be really helpful...

Neither of those screen shots show the error message you say you are getting.  Where is that coming from?

Have tried a couple of ways to upload a screen shot .Tried with a file from Open Office and a screen  shot using an extension to Chrome. Both rejected