View mode settings not changeable

pünktchen

xnappo

I think the disable forced view will just result in not having a 'check mark' on anything in the list.  Then you should be able to set the view via the normal 'Kodi' way for everything of that type.

The setting is stored in your user_data/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/settings.xml file if you want to see them (I may have that directory slightly off) . 

marcelveldt

@@xnappo, in fact it sets disabled as the view so the skins that have the new set views method will ignore saving the view. In my testsetup this works as expected, I can select "disabled" as the active view, but for some resson this doesn't work for user punkchten. I was wondering if this maybe has something to do with recent changes or something I overlooked now?

xnappo

Maybe.. I think if he looks at his settings.xml file, maybe he will see something interesting :)

@@pünktchen - does it work for ANY view and just one is broken, or for none?  If you don't see something obvious in your settings.xml, please post it to pastebin.com

pünktchen

Maybe.. I think if he looks at his settings.xml file, maybe he will see something interesting :)

@@pünktchen - does it work for ANY view and just one is broken, or for none?  If you don't see something obvious in your settings.xml, please post it to pastebin.com

Any view is broken :(

What would be the corect syntax for the settings.xml if i want to disable forced views?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cwmfuooo47icwm/settings.xml?dl=0

xnappo

Weird.  Just delete these lines:

<setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_MOVIES" value="54" />
    <setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_SEASONS" value="514" />
    <setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_SERIES" value="53" />

pünktchen

It gets rewritten by the Titan skin!

I've tried Confluence, there all is fine and the views are remembered with every folder.

pünktchen

Btw. in Confluence i cannot go to the view settings of the Mediabrowser addon:

"Skin does not support view defines"

xnappo

I think maybe there was something added to allow skin coders to have a 'default' for their skin.  I did not write, nor change this code, but maybe that is the problem.  I was thinking of the 'Clear Setting' menu entry vs. 'Disable'.

marcelveldt

@@xnappo, if he sets the value in the settingsfile to "disabled" it will bypass the setting of the view.

This is the new skinhelpercode that is used by both Titan and 1080XF: if you change the view in the skin it will be saved to your xbmb3c settings.

In most cases this is very usefull to our users as it's what they want but in some cases users really do not want this to happen like pünkchten who wants to use the default xbmc behaviour.

That's why the specific "disabled" option was introduced by me a while back and ported from the skinhelper to the main addon.

This should work as expected but in this case the "set view" in the addon doesn't get set as I understand correctly

marcelveldt

@pünktchen:

set this in your settings.xml file and try again:

<setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_MOVIES" value="disabled" />
    <setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_SEASONS" value="disabled" />
    <setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_SERIES" value="disabled" />

This completely disabled the set view function of the addon and skin.

Question remains why you're not able to set it to disabled in the addon....

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt - yes - that is fine - it is just I did not know about this feature.

Ah, now it's the other way around, most of the times I can't keep up with all the nice features added to the addon ;)

The code was ported to the main addon from my skinhelper a while back by Ian.

I did check and fix the background threads for all the images but never looked again at this part.

Maybe you see anything that could cause the issue or you have a fantastic idea how to manage this option with little user fuss ?

I was thinking about just 1 general setting to enable or disable the forcing of views like you see in most video-addons for kodi.

If you enable it, you can either set the views in the addon or if you're using a supporting skin: set the view directly by the skin's view settings (how it is now by default)

Basically this would imply just one setting in the addon-settings: if the forcing should be enabled ?

xnappo

I think the way it was done is fine - I think there is just a bug :)

Maybe some sort of race condition between the skin setting it and the addon?  

marcelveldt

The skin only sets it when the view is changed by calling:

XBMC.RunScript(plugin.video.xbmb3c,SETVIEW,MOVIES,00)

In the xbmb3c addon this is processed and if disabled is the current state it won't set the view in settings...

pünktchen

@pünktchen:

set this in your settings.xml file and try again:

<setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_MOVIES" value="disabled" />
    <setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_SEASONS" value="disabled" />
    <setting id="skin.titan.helix_VIEW_SERIES" value="disabled" />

This completely disabled the set view function of the addon and skin.

Question remains why you're not able to set it to disabled in the addon....

Works like a charm! Thank you!

Totally agree. To disable the viewmode-safing per section and not completely ON or OFF is the way to go.

I only wanted to set "disabled" for movies btw. so don't change anything at the implementation of this Feature!