Trailers are choppy

hydriplex

hydriplex

Not sure if this has been addressed, or if anyone is having similar issues. I'm also not sure if this is a Server or client issue.

Ever since the Trailers plugin was turned into a Channel, I have not had great success in getting the trailers to play. I have changed Channel quality settings, I have tried downloading 20 GB of channel content, changed all the server setting I can think to change - nothing matters; Trailers are choppy, with constant buffering.

My internet connection is not super fabulous, but I am pulling down a solid 12 Mbps with no dropped packets. I am wondering if there are any settings to explicitly tell the trailers to play at a particular Mbps. When reviewing TCP and internet traffic while the trailer is playing, bandwidth never increases beyond around 2 Mbps - however, when other server tasks are running, it quickly climbs up to max like it should.

Any suggestions would be wonderful, as I implement the Intros plugin, and this has been an issue for some time.

Thanks!

i haven't seen this reported in a long time, sorry to say. the only thing i can think of is that the quality setting is really just a preference, not a guarantee. we often don't have media info about the trailers, therefore you only end up getting what's available no matter how far off it is from your preference.

foghat

This actually started happening to me again. Was an issue many months ago, then seemed to be fixed. @@Luke for me it started again after you did that trailer fix a few days back for this issue:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16554-trailers-channel-no-longer-showing-any-trailers/

But, now as I type this and try again, they seem to be playing fine. So I don't know.

hydriplex

Actually my playback of all media files just became so stuttery, it's made Theater unusable. I've had to use Classic for the last few days. No rhyme or reason, nothing plays correctly.

The trailer issue has been happening for a number of months for me.

hydriplex

So I have done testing in Classic the last few days due to performance issues in Theater.

Trailers and media files work flawlessly every time.

Are there any settings that I can check that would have changed in Theater, it's entirely unusable at the moment.

Even if trailers are still choppy, media files cause a dramatic spike in CPU usage and it stutters terribly. I've gone through internal player settings and everything looks correct.