Constant buffering remotely

pt1xoom

pt1xoom

Hi,

I have a few people using my system remotely.  In Kodi or xbmc, they are getting buffering every couple of minutes.  The buffering is only about 10 seconds as long as I have the setting on the network tab set to 996 kbps. 

Any suggestions on how to improve remote access to the server via xbmc?  This behavior is not happening through the web client.  I have not tried the media browser theater.

I have it set up with the UNC, so at home, I'm using direct play, and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the great app.

bishop

Kodi's advancedsettings.xml can be updated with the following:

<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

After I did that I have 0 buffering issues with my remote clients. Using <cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize> led to an unsightly popup that said "Cache has filled before ~~~~~~~~." Changing it to 200MB seemed to work.

• Like 2

pt1xoom

Hi,

Thanks for this.  This did help, but the problem was still there.

I changed my transcoding setting to auto.  It was set to Max Quality.  Now that I have it set to Auto, the buffering has gone away.

bishop

Hello pt1xoom

That's interesting and one of the developers may wish to chime in. With Kodi and XBMB3C I get no transcoding at all when set to Auto. The cache helps you to direct stream remotely by pre-fetching the upcoming media.

Good to hear that it worked for you!

Best regards