"allow syncing media to devices" what is this?

mbc0
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi,

Unless I have been asleep for a few weeks  :P I have just noticed this in my server configuration... A google/forum search brings up nothing, is this for a future implementation (getting very excited at the thought of media sync for Android!!) 

tornadotj

I'll throw a WAG out there, since I also run Plex... I'm guessing it is to allow the ability to transcode and dump a copy of a media file to a device for playback while not connected to the server. :)  This will be a nice addition to MB3.

• 2 weeks later...
HelgOmat

i might add something precationally: i dont want to annoy anybody with this question. its great that there are people out there not only capable of developing such things (i am not :) ) and not only also doing it in fact but even doing without any payment - fantastic.

i myself was only able to install an enigma system (VU+) as a central system to acces all media files in our network. i started only a 5 days ago reading about alternative systems wich brings so much benefits and further features, even with a much simpler setup.

i remember that it took hours and hours of reading, trying and discussing only for mounting a single WIN-share via smb in VTI of the VU+. (i am really not that into all this computer stuff, but at the end of the day, with the willingness of investing time, i got everything work. setting up mobile accessfor programming timers via EPG, LAN acces for streaming etc. was much easier by the way.) but media browser is that easy, that even my father could (nearly) install it. altough it is beside plex the only solution wich make streaming of HD-content possible - by transcoding.

this is why i dont want to sound impertinent asking for the last (better: second last) feature, wich would make the hole system complete for me. no harm meant!

• 2 years later...

@@HelgOmat

if you have an enigma tv tuner then we have a better way of using that with Emby. Now with OpenVix you can add your enigma tuner directly to Emby using Emby's native support. No VU+ plugin needed.

You can learn more here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52762-enigma2-livetvdvr-support/

Thanks !