home videos playing upside down?

Kremlar
Go to solution Solved by Kremlar,

Kremlar

I noticed that most if not all of my home videos are playing upside down in MB3.  They play in the correct orientation through Media Player.  

Any particular reason for this?  Any fix?

Thanks!

Kremlar

OK, please scratch this.  After investigating further it seems it's only some .MOV videos and only ones my wife recorded (apparently upside down) on her iPhone.  When viewing the thumbnail in Windows it shows as right side up, but when actually playing the video it is upside down.  So, I guess Media Browser is behaving as expected.

Yeah, I've had that happen with my phone before.  If you are holding it at a weird angle, sometimes it doesn't know which way is up.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, thanks for this. I have a ton of pics taken on my iPhone and the only thing stopping me from using MB3 as my dedicated picture sever is the fact that it sees all my pictures as being sideways. I'll run them through Picassa to fix existing images. My question is if the upcoming auto upload feature for the iOS app will read the exif tags and upload them in the correct orientation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, it would be sweet if MBserver could read the EXIF tags itself and set the orientation on the photos correctly. Any chance that might happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk