Path Substitution Help Please

robcf

Hi All,

I think I am missing something here with Kodi Add-On setup, your input is appreciated.

First of all I have MB3 Server Version 3.0.5464.4 up and running fine with MBC (I'm looking for a more complete front end that plays both Blurau and DVD disks).

All media is stored on a readynas. 

MB3 server, MBC and KODI are installed on a separate HTPC in my living room.  

KODI Add-On Settings:

Server IP Address - same as local machine.

Port - 8096

User: KODI (I created a new user in the dashboard)

Password: Password (per user created in dashboard)

SMB Username: NAS Username (all share permissions are 777)  

SMB Password: NAS password

When I select 'play from HTTP.....' all media will play at varied quality.

Without this selection only one film shall play, in all other cases playback fails. 

I see a lot of post relating to similar issues which are solved using UNC paths. Once I have created a path substitution in MB3 dashboard what do I do with the 'TO' location, do I simply configure the KODI library by 'adding videos' using the TO address as the source?

Thanks in advance.  

Angelblue05

I don't think you need to do anything with the TO address in the path substitution. Have you tried playing the content, without the "Play from HTTP" enabled since you set up path substitution? I believe the way path substitution works is any time it will try to access your media folder, if you've setup a new TO address, it will use it automatically. I could be totally wrong.  ^_^ 

What skin for Kodi are you using? Some skin set up your libraries automatically, this is why I'm asking.

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Hi All,

I think I am missing something here with Kodi Add-On setup, your input is appreciated.

First of all I have MB3 Server Version 3.0.5464.4 up and running fine with MBC (I'm looking for a more complete front end that plays both Blurau and DVD disks).

All media is stored on a readynas. 

MB3 server, MBC and KODI are installed on a separate HTPC in my living room.  

KODI Add-On Settings:

Server IP Address - same as local machine.

Port - 8096

User: KODI (I created a new user in the dashboard)

Password: Password (per user created in dashboard)

SMB Username: NAS Username (all share permissions are 777)  

SMB Password: NAS password

When I select 'play from HTTP.....' all media will play at varied quality.

Without this selection only one film shall play, in all other cases playback fails. 

I see a lot of post relating to similar issues which are solved using UNC paths. Once I have created a path substitution in MB3 dashboard what do I do with the 'TO' location, do I simply configure the KODI library by 'adding videos' using the TO address as the source?

Thanks in advance.  

We will need a debug log if you would like this looked into further. Also please post a screenshot of your path substitutions if you feel this is an area that causes problems.

Yeah thinking about it, as the data is located on the NAS there is a direct path to the data. 

I deleted the path sub in MB3 Server and all video files are now playing, albeit trans-coded and looking like crap. I will get a log up (where about's is the Kodi log file saved?)

Edited by robcf

Having trouble with the Log File, there is a script error when KODI attempts to upload the data. I have manually uploaded part of a log in pastebin (http://pastebin.com/j8bUm4wR)

Furthermore, it appears the files (mostly) will direct play as seen in the log. This occurred after I deleted the SMB credentials, mapped the movie share folder from my NAS to my HTPC labled 'M:|' and completed path sub in MB Server as shown below. The video still looks average compared to MBC, also the CPU usage looks rather high. I have also noticed artifacts in the video, horizontal lines. Note, I have not made any attempt to improve the video configure KODI other than install the add-on.

From     To
M:\       \\NAS_RF\Videos\Movies
Edited by robcf