Server Beta 3.0.5482.1 Problems (Mainly TV)

mj3310

Encountered the following problems after upgrading to the new server version:

* Everything was working fine and displaying properly before the upgrade *

No actor thumbnails/info are showing for movies

54aa659b84c6a_MoviessectionActors.jpg

The naming convention for tv shows seems to have changed ...... I have always had a top folder containing series eg .... TV Horror/Supernatural/Season 01/Supernatural - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4  ..... the server now thinks the top folder, ie TV Horror, is the series ..... the series have become seasons and episodes is a jumble.

TV genres and networks are blank and, as for the movies, there are no actor thumbs/info.

Hopefully the following images will help show what I mean:-

54aa677c1c8f7_TVLatest.jpg

54aa67a84fe86_TVUpcoming.jpg

54aa67c4ca05c_TVShows.jpg

54aa67f34f5f8_TVEpisodes.jpg

54aa68063488c_TVGenres.jpg

54aa681c53c77_TVPeople.jpg

54aa682cd94c7_TVNetworks.jpg

Obviously this reflects across the clients I use .... Android and MBC.

Thanks for any help :)

Beardyname

Are you using the mixed folder option thing? because that has changed so you now have to choose what content those folders are.

I have the same problem. It looks like 1st level folder now needs to be the series. Folders of series don't seem to work any more. You need to add TV Horror as a media folder and not the parent of it.

I have the same problem. It looks like 1st level folder now needs to be the series. Folders of series don't seem to work any more. You need to add TV Horror as a media folder and not the parent of it.

That works fine for the general tv shows thankyou ........ problem is I have my documentaries broken down into crime, nature, war etc and then even further WWII etc lol ..... so it's gonna mean a total breakdown of my folder structure which will be a mare ...... thanks for the help :)

Are you using the mixed folder option thing? because that has changed so you now have to choose what content those folders are.

Just for my live sports which has carried over fine .... thanks for the response :)

I can sort of 'patch' the TV for now but the lack of actors thumbs/info is a problem I can't seem to work around yet :(

That works fine for the general tv shows thankyou ........ problem is I have my documentaries broken down into crime, nature, war etc and then even further WWII etc lol ..... so it's gonna mean a total breakdown of my folder structure which will be a mare ...... thanks for the help :)

Just for my live sports which has carried over fine .... thanks for the response :)

I can sort of 'patch' the TV for now but the lack of actors thumbs/info is a problem I can't seem to work around yet :(

You don't have to break down your folder structure.  You just have to define it properly to the server.

For your docs set the top level and any organizational level after that to "Unset" then set each of the folders that directly contain TV Series to "TV Shows" and it should all work as it did before.

You don't have to break down your folder structure.  You just have to define it properly to the server.

For your docs set the top level and any organizational level after that to "Unset" then set each of the folders that directly contain TV Series to "TV Shows" and it should all work as it did before.

I am having a similiar issue with an existing folder structure, and it doesn't appear I can define it in a way that works as it did with previous server versions.

I have 3 different media folders (Movies, TV, Videos), each with a single media location. In the case of movies, having movies both at the top level of that media location as well as under subfolders still works as before. In the case of TV series, however, I can no longer get it to work if I have both TV series and category subfolders at the same level. I like this structure because it provides a single top-level entry point to Movies or TV, and then under TV I have the most frequently-accessed series at that level, with less frequently-accessed series at a subfolder level. Is there a way to retain this functionality with the current server release?

Can the server not just read TV shows (like it used to do) which just worked no matter how your folder structure was set up ..... is that not possible or does it now have to be single level only?

How do I set the top levels to one type and sub levels to another?

Any ideas about the actor thumbs/info?

The problem is it didn't just work no matter what the folder structure and, since we allowed so many different structures it was very difficult to keep it working as we try to support more and more things.

The problem is it didn't just work no matter what the folder structure and, since we allowed so many different structures it was very difficult to keep it working as we try to support more and more things.

So will there no longer be a way to have a single top-level TV media folder with category sub-folders under it?

So will there no longer be a way to have a single top-level TV media folder with category sub-folders under it?

Yes there will, you just need to designate the top folder as unset and the category folders as TV.

Also, if you guys with mixed content/TV issues would please try out the dev build that just went up that would be a great help.  Thanks.

Also, if you guys with mixed content/TV issues would please try out the dev build that just went up that would be a great help.  Thanks.

The latest dev build let me retain my existing folder structure by flipping the content type from inherit to TV on a few category sub-folders, though I had to run a manual metadata refresh after a rescan because though all the series in the sub-folders were detected properly, metadata was mising for all the episodes. Everything seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks!

• Like 1